June 3, 2014

Dior Summer 2014: Diorskin Nude Tan Transat Edition Highlighter

I fell victim to another highlighter purchase last week. This time Dior held me captive while I wiggled my hand under department lights checking out the dimensional shimmer from the Diorskin Nude Tan Transat Edition Highlighter. The rope-like pattern embossment is to die for; I had a difficult time making the initial first swatch. While I usually avoid golden yellow highlighters, I think this shade is light enough to make you drive down to the shops for a nice swatch fest.  

This limited edition highlighter comes with a kabuki brush that surprisingly feels soft to the touch. 6.5g of highlighting goodness is nothing compared to the likes of Chanel, MAC or Laura Mercier, but since when did I ever finish a powder based blush or bronzer or highlighter anyway? 


I've been using Transat for a week now and honestly, I'm not crazy about it. It's nice to have, but it's definitely not a must have. My usual run of the mill highlighters are usually pinkish or pearlised white, because they truly enhance my cheekbones and are distinctive under any lighting situation. Golden highlighters get lost into my yellow-based skin tone. Although that said, darker skinned girls will love this. If only Dior made this available at all US Dior counters, as it was an exclusive to Saks.


The texture of the powder is soft, but not overly. I use a hakuhodo pointed tip brush, one that is fluffy that it picks up just enough powder to allow me to reapply several times to create the right sheen. The shimmer is fine and pigmented on finger swatches but using a fluffy brush makes application build able and fool proof.


I'm glad to say that I don't quite have anything like Transat in my collection. The closest cousin would be Dior's Amber Diamond, although Transat is definitely more yellow rather than amber in tone. Nonetheless, on the cheeks, amber diamond has a slight blusher appearance, making it gorgeous alone. 



Transat alone on the cheeks feels quite incomplete and requires a cheek blusher. I like my highlighters to nicely reflect light at most angles, and Transat didn't quite do it for me. Here are some close ups. 




Overall, I would say that Transat is one of those items you either love or 'like' depending on your skin colour. For me I am still on the fence, even after a week of use. I like my highlighters noticeable and bright, and Transat was in my opinion too subtle for my yellow undertones. Darker girls will adore this while lighter fair skinned girls will probably find it 'meh' in passing. I feel that this is a product for collectors - the embossment is gorgeous and the pal gold shimmer will look fabulous with anyone darker than NC35.


Some of you may be wondering where I've been... Where should I start?
  • I have a new job that requires me to work late nights. 
  • I had overseas friends for the weekend.
  • I am taking up additional language classes, making me the most boring fart on weekday nights.
  • I am going more regularly to the yoga studio, so the last thing I feel like doing post-workout is a full face of makeup. 
  • I've started a home improvement project and weekends are left for errands. 
And in my spare time, I go shopping. For makeup! 

So I have a huge backlog as usual and hardly any time to blog. 

But I still try. And so I hope you give me credit for that. :-)

I met a new friend during my little spree at Tangs 12%. Hi Grace! It was really nice to meet you and hope to see you again sometime. 

7 comments:

Maria said...

hello Tracy!
good luck with your new job! is it the same field as before or you decided to try something new?

hope you are fine! and even if i miss your regular posts, i think it's more important to spend ones time for a real life and real job than to spend it all for blog post and so on :)

Jacqueline said...

You are keeping yourself very busy my dear. I'm also the most boring person during the weekdays, I'm in bed by 10! Your highlighter collection is to die for babe, Spellbound looks bloody gorgeous. I have many stuff that I lust for but the moment I get it and try it becomes meh to me too. I'm thankful I managed to stay away from the Dior collection.

Tracy said...

Hi Maria! Yes - it's still in the same industry. Haha. yup, my weekends are chockfull of errands. I wish, too, that I could just chill back and relax. Hope you're well!

Tracy said...

Hi Jacqueline, Dior is good at making us broke every summer. And they seem to be getting better at it.

MITCH said...

I love your highlighter collections :D

xx,
http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

Miss Louise said...

Wow, you're keeping yourself busy! I've literally done nothing all month haha! This is so gorgeous! I wasn't sure about this at first, but now I really want it...I think I'm too late (of course!)

Great review!

www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

forever,vee said...

AHHH I have no clue why I am finding about this high lighter NOW. Its amazing. If you ever want to sell it, I will be your first customer :D (just saying)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...