June 28, 2014

A find! YSL Volupte Sheer Candy #12 Tasty Raspberry

Shopping under stress is a dangerous feat. Case in point: many new lipstick purchases, including today's feature: a YSL Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm in Tasty Raspberry #12. I have always had a love-hate relationship with YSL. Their Rouge Volupte classic lipsticks are loved by many, but it applies patchy on my dry lips. Ever since YSL came out with the shine and candy formulas, I have fallen victim these luxurious golden bullets and have accumulated a fond stash. 


Tasty Raspberry is a muted sheer light pink with golden flecks of glitter interspersed. The shade is gorgeous enough to bring out 'your-lips-but-better', while staying soft and glossy on the lips - appearing more like a balm. The formula of the sheer candy lipsticks is super comfortable, similar to a lightweight gel, and fills in the dry lip lines making your lips look fuller. 


Don't let the sheerness of Tasty Raspberry fool you. I guarantee that this shade simply looks much better on the lips than swatched. 


I love this shade! I think its one of those go-to lipsticks for the office, for the stroll down the park if you will, and those - 'I don't want to appear too 'dressed up'. A shy and always-appropriate lipstick. And I'm pretty sure you know, deep down, that while the orange tangerine/fuschia pink matt lips may be the 'in' thing right now, we all sensible ladies secretly crave a soft and understated lip. Surprisingly though, I have had some difficulty finding sheer glossy MLBB lipsticks as of late. If you have some recommendations, pop them in the comments box below. 



On my face, I have on Lancome Visionnaire foundation (I need to review this soon), Chanel soleil tan de Chanel, some shades from the Urban Decay Vice Palette, Guerlain meteorites (old formula), and Giorgio Armani ETK mascara. 


Thank you all for continuing to read my silent blog. Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and I'll catch up with you again next time. 

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a lovely natural looking lippie on you Tracy. I love the YSL packaging.

Georgina said...

Ooh, I may have to have a look at this lipstick - lovely shade and I love soft, sheer colour! For MLBB shades I like Chanel Aventure Rouge Coco Shine for summer (there is some shimmer) and Nars Damage for autumn/winter.

Georgina said...

Ooh, I may have to have a look at this lipstick - lovely shade and I love soft, sheer colour! For MLBB shades I like Chanel Aventure Rouge Coco Shine for summer (there is some shimmer) and Nars Damage for autumn/winter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...