March 6, 2014

A Healthy Ethereal Look with Dior Rosy Glow

I must admit that I have been blissfully ignorant of many of the makeup musings/trends over the past year or so. I have perhaps fallen a little behind on new makeup releases because I dread having to dig for space in my crowded drawers. I am quite proud of myself for taking my makeup addiction to this level of self control. Trust me, it's not easy. I just love makeup and I have a hoarding habit that puts all those televised hoarder junkies to shame. The only moment of weakness I had recently was when I picked up the Dior Rosy Glow Blush (001 Petal) during my recent dash through the duty free terminals. I blame this purchase on several YouTube 2013 favourites videos (especially Hapagurl8 - she's beautiful and can always trust her product recommendations), although, I am so glad I came to know about this product because I am now completely smitten and utterly obsessed with my cheeks.  


From what looks to be another Nars Desire hot pink blush that I so detest because of its' intense pigmentation, Dior Rosy Glow does quite the opposite. Instead, it imparts this stunning pink flush which can be built up gradually on the cheeks. It's perfect really and just in time for spring.


Dior describes the shade to be unique to your skin - meaning that the shade may look differently on you. 'Rosy Glow intuitively adjusts to the moisture of each skin to make the cheeks blush with delight, as if revitalised with a breath of fresh air. Its ultra-fine powder texture and it's irresistible rose fragrance offer a moment of pure indulgence with each application'. 



Looking at the different swatch photos online, Dior Rosy Glow does seems to genuinely impart different tones of pink on different skin tones. On me, it gives an soft bright pink flush that literally melts on my skin. There is zero powderiness or harsh blusher lines, making Rosy Glow a great everyday blush. 


I paired a generous application of Dior Rosy Glow today with a nice thick winged eyeliner and nude lips (Tom Ford Spanish Pink).



Overall, this is a stunning blusher and I believe it would look great on any skin tone, ranging from light to dark. The brightness of the pink helps the blusher shade stand out and yet the shade is subtle enough to literally melt into your skin giving an overall natural flush. 

A great invention by Dior. 

Thanks for reading and I hope you're having a good week. 

7 comments:

Emibee said...

Hello can you do a review on Shu Uemura Art of Hair Colour Lustre? thank you!

Jacqueline said...

I love the whole look Tracy and that blush suits you very well.

gigidob said...

I have swatted this blush sooo many times but always walk away because I'm convinced that it is similar to MAC Pink Swoon, which I have but now wish I didn't so I could buy this!!

Anne said...

i like the look :). Kindly share what makeup base did you use for this look?

Tracy said...

Hi Anne, I used the Benefit Porefessional and YSL touché éclat foundation here. Glad you like it!

Tracy said...

Hi Anne, I used the Benefit Porefessional and YSL touché éclat foundation here. Glad you like it!

Anne said...

thanks Tracy :) looking forward to more product reviews and fotds :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...