February 23, 2014

Weekly Stash Shopping #1, Reviews, Hair thoughts


First of all, put that credit card down. 

As difficult as it may be to prevent hauling new spring and summer collections, I feel that my collection has gone way out of control. Some bloggers have long started their project dents, or project 10-pans, or project use it ups. Instead of restricting myself to rules I can't seem to stick to, I would like to use this year to reuse products I've forgotten about. Call this Weekly Stash Shopping where I look into my troves of makeup treasure to bring out products that are surprisingly wonderful... 


YSL Pure Chromatics Eyeshadow Palette in #5 
This is a palette that performs best under wet application and partially the reason why I have hardly used this in the past. The colours included here are gorgeous though - a bright pink, coupled with a taupe, dark charcoal, and a light frost. It takes a little bit of trial-and-error to figure out what each of the applicators included in the palette are used for, especially the small spatula. I find that the best way to use this palette is to use the spatula applicator and dip this little guy with water and scrape just a little bit of product and apply the shade directly to my lids. YSL Pure Chromatics really beef up their shimmer factor compared to many other brands I've tried. 


Chanel Rouge Allure Laques #79 (discontinued)
When Chanel first released these Rouge Allure Laques, I picked up three shades all at once. I loved the opacity and how hydrating they feel on the lips. I used them even when I was on oral Roaccutane treatments that made my lips horribly chapped. I have this shade in #79 which is a mandarin red and absolutely wearable for everyday. 


YSL Touche Eclat Foundation BD40
I'm down to the last month of the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation, which has become my favourite foundation for 2013. It's dewy, light-in-coverage, and gives my skin a gorgeous healthy look. Although I have become fairer compared to the BD40 shade that I was initially matched to, I am still drawn to the formula and texture. 

Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
A primer to help soothe any dry skin. I don't notice any increased longevity to my makeup when using this though. 


Gransenbon Blush #2
I picked this single Gransenbon blush many years ago when they were still available at the pharmacy next the isetan scotts supermarket. I think this brand has long been discontinued because I was scouring through the pharmacies in Tokyo about two years ago but could not find them. These affordably priced blushers have the quality of higher end blushers and they're incredibly easy to work. If you know where they're sold, please let me know. 

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
A matte bronzer that I've been using to contour and add a bit of colour to my temples. As boring as this bronzer may be, this is the one I usually like to go to if I need something safe, especially when coupling it with a brighter/intense cheek shade. 


Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Mascara
Thoughts here

Chanel Stylo Yeux Black Shimmer 
Water resistent and absolutely perfect for the water line. No other eyeliner compares.

Paul & Joe Eye Gloss N #01
A yellow sparkly eye gloss in a shape of a lipgloss applicator. I believe the originals have long been discontinued and I am a huge fan of these. I collected all the shades available. That's how much I love the Paul & Joe Eye Glosses. 


I'm itching to get something done with my hair. It's been 4 months since my last cut and the style has stayed lovely since (credits to Rise @ Gemmil Lane - a Japanese salon in Singapore). Much of the curl from my last perm has disappeared so my hair is starting to misbehave on days. Other than the 'itch', my hair is the healthiest it has been. I keep chemical processing to a minimum, apply daily leave-in conditioners, and drink tons of H20 everyday. I still lose hair by the bundles and I attribute this to my intense yoga work outs. What do you think I should do? Keep it naturally straight or perm? 

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

The Driveller Kate said...

You look stunning in these! <3 So glowy and pretty but not at all boring-pretty.

I also mourn for the Chanel lacquers and share your love for the eye glosses! Wish more brands would release them! Have you tried the Clio Friday Night eyeshadows? They feel more creamy / less gel-like, but are also very lovely.

Love your hair as is, but some loose waves would also be beautiful. I lose a lot of hair too, despite not exercising at all :/

Pamela Ridwan said...

You look beautiful Tracy!
love the lip color and the eye make up :) you have a lovely smile!

Jen Lavenders said...

You have such a pretty smile! =)

I've also accumulated a lot of beauty products over the years...and I'm starting to do the same thing you are - shopping my own stash! Some things I have forgotten about...it's sad :p
I'm looking forward to more of your posts like this!

Tracy said...

@Kate: Oh! Thanks for the tip on the Clio shadows. Need to check them out at Watsons later this week. If Chanel ever re-releases the laques, I will have to purchase all the shades. They are incredible.

@Pamela: Thank you for your sweet comment.

@Jen: Yay! Glad that these posts aren't in vain. Looking forward to yours too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...