January 7, 2014

Vampy Berry Lips: Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet La Desiree 327

I wonder why it took me this long to discover the Chanel matte lipsticks - the Rouge Allure Velvets (3.5g). I am in love with the formula - it's neither drying on the lips and produces this awesome finish that is satiny matte. This means that the lips look dimensional and not flat like most other mattes. The shade I have here today is called La Desiree in #327 which is part of the holiday collection. It should still be available at counters, unless Spring 2014 has officially taken over. 

Chanel La Desiree is this gorgeously deep rich berry shade, ideal for the vampy lip. I have only started to venture into the dark berry lips and I'm building a substantial collection of fabulous dark shades to match dreary grey weather. 


On the bullet, the shade looks kind of unwearable and scary. But when swatched, the shade is just swoonfully berry and so diva.  


Did you just die? Because I did when I first swatched it. 


I was missing my lip brush today, but as you can see this is a colour that definitely looks better with precise application and a matching lip liner. 



I experienced little bleeding and feathering. What I like most about the formula is that it's not drying, even a few hours of wear. The shade stays put too, and produces a slight staining of the lips after eating and drinking. Plus, it does not accentuate the yellowness to the teeth like some reds do. 


Coupled with matte skin and smokey neutral eyeshadows (using the a couple of the matte shades from the Laura Mercier Artist's Palette once again), La Desiree gives that instant glamour effect. Definitely a must-have for lazy girls like me who needs an instant perk-me-up within 10 minutes flat. It's so lovely that I'm contemplating a backup. Really. 




I'm a bit of a blogging kick lately (clearly). I hope to keep this momentum going because I'm loving this feeling of testing new and old products once again. I will be doing more posts on the Chanel Holiday 2013 items coming soon. 

Thanks for reading and hope you're having a good mid-week!

6 comments:

Pamela Ridwan said...

The color looks lovely! I like red lipsticks better in matte finish because :) i have never tried any lipstick from chanel but this one looks like my cup of tea ^^

Jacqueline said...

What a coincidence I'm just finally experimenting with berry shades, I'm trying out Guerlain a Rouge G in Gigolo and I'm really loving it. I love this on you Tracy, I have to go check this out myself. I do agree that the velvet formula is simply gorgeous.

Josephine said...

Can you tell me how u created the eye look, like which shade goes where? Thanks!

Tracy said...

Good question! If I remember correctly, it is kir royale all over the lid, followed by espresso bean on the outer lash line. Followed by primrose in the middle to give a bit of sparkle.

Tracy said...

The rouge g's are exquisite! I've always tested them in counters but resisted because of the price tag.

Tracy said...

I like that the velvets are not too matte and flat. The quest for red lipsticks can truly break the bank!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...