October 5, 2013

Review of the DiorSkin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF-15 Foundation

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday!! 

I feel absolutely fantastic today and I want to share with you some yummy goodies in the pipeline. 

Today's feature would be on the Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15 foundation. It was released sometime last year but it has taken me so long to review it (oops). Dior has released a number of DiorSkin foundations - the natural glow, the hydrating, and now the skin-glowing makeup. The bottles are all the same for all these 3 releases, which makes it ever so confusing. My review today is for the Skin-Glowing Makeup version. 


This is my first time trying a foundation from Dior - surprisingly. The Diorskin foundations has always caught my eye in the past but the urge was never strong enough to purchase one. I picked mine up from Copenhagen last year, together with my YSL Touche Eclat Foundation. 

Dior requires no introduction when beautiful packaging is concerned. The pump dispenses small dollops of foundation each time - never too much and always with perfect control. I usually pump twice to dispense enough for my face and jaw. 


I have mine in the shade 031, which was the best match for me last year. The colour is slightly too dark for me now but once blended, the shade difference is only marginal. The texture feels like a gel and distributes easily on the skin - however, it is not as fluid as the YSL Touche Eclat foundation. To me, it feels less creamy compared to the Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere Foundation. 



I noticed that the wear time of the DiorSkin Nude Foundation is pretty good and definitely beats the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation. The latter seems to only last for a good 3-4 hours, with noticeable transfer and several foundation accidents in changing rooms. Dior's tends to adhere alot better on the skin and wear time is about 7-8 hours with mild temperate climates. I noticed less mid-day oilies too. 

As I always do, here's some before and after pictures...

Left: Bare Faced. Right: with DiorNude Foundation


I used my Sigma flat top brush to blend the foundation in. I think this foundation works best with a Sigma Flat Top buffing brush because you need to work quite fast before it sets. 

I would say the coverage is medium. It does not hide all my blemishes completely although that is what I usually prefer. The finish is semi-matte, and far less dewy than many of the foundations I am currently using (Chantecaille Tinted Moisturiser and YSL Touche Eclat). The foundation can cling on dry skin patches, especially around my upper lip and nose. It's definitely not the best for dry skin types but pretty good for oilier skin types. 




Overall thoughts: The DiorSkin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup is a nice-to-have, but not a must-have. It has good staying power especially in hot temperate climate. The overall effect is semi-matte and slightly glowing - perfect for those seeking medium coverage. I wouldn't say it's my go-to foundation right now because I like my YSL Touche Eclat foundation slightly more for it's ++++ dewy effect. However, it's lovely. And 'lovely' here is an understatement.

4 comments:

Pamela Ridwan said...

I've recently tested this foundation and the forever flawless one.. I still can't forgive myself for choosing the forever flawless over this one T.T because this one is actually better.. I agree with you, it is nice to have but not something groundbreaking..

x
pam

Stephanie | Fantasia Beauty Blog said...

Dior makes really amazing foundations, and I'm really glad to hear about the awesome stuff about this foundation. The fact that it stays well during hotter days makes it a super must-have!

Lou said...

I love YSL Touche Eclat Foundation too, love its finish and its colour, but it really lasts nothing on my combination skin, I need to find something with a similar finish and a longer lasting power.

MyMakeUpCompulsion

Sharina said...

I loved this foundie. First bottle I ever finished up!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...