October 30, 2013

Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Spellbound


There has been quite a bit of chatter about the Laura Mercier Artist Palette around the blogosphere. I'm dying to get my hands on this palette too and it's sadly only available in Sephora. So, I have been stalking the Sephora aisles nervously. And with each visit to the counters, I seem to be picking up odd bits of new Laura Mercier makeup. 

The Laura Mercier Spellbound Face Illuminator looks like something I will get alot of use. As usual, I'm late to this collection. I walked past the counter in the past, thinking that the collection pieces were only mediocre.


While this year's highlighter from Laura seems to be less popular than Rose Rendevous in some previous collection, Spellbound adds an inlit glow that fuses in with darker/olive skin tones. The texture of the powder is absolutely divine too. I use a MAC 168 brush to apply an even stroke of highlighter on my cheekbones. 


Perhaps the only downfall in the aesthetics would be the rather clunky sized outer packaging, measuring a depth of 1.5 times of a normal Chanel Joues Contrast blush. A bit clunky I must say...




The closest cousin to Spellbound would be Dior Amber Diamond, however Spellbound is far more rosier in undertone. 

I love each and every one of my highlighters - the sparkle and shimmer is simply stunning on my cheeks. On days when I like my cheekbones to be pronounced, I will grab for Guerlain Cruel Gardenia or Lancome Blush Highlighter. If I would like a bit of colour to the cheekbones I will go for the nuanced shimmers such as Dior Amber Diamond, Bobbi Brown Rose Gold or Laura Mercier Spellbound.  





Understandably, capturing the light from highlighters is quite difficult to achieve with a normal point and shoot. The shimmer from Spellbound is very subtle and catches the light on certain angles. 





Overall, Laura Mercier's Face Illuminator in Spellbound is a lovely addition to the highlighter stash. It brings a nice inlit glow - an almost healthy looking sheen on the upper cheek bones. It's neither frosty or chunky and does not accentuate fine lines or pores. The quality of her highlighters are very beautiful and I'll be sure to pick up her highlighters in future collections. Is Spellbound a must-have? If you already own Dior Amber Diamond, the answer is no. Am I happy with both? absolutely. 

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Tracy, you are glowing. So pretty and fresh looking. I love highlighters but am able to stop buying anymore. I am contented with my Rose Rendezvous and Cruel Gardenia and my GA liquid highlighters. Not going to look at anymore. ;)

AsianBeautyInspirations said...

It looks gorgeous on you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...