So today was one of those days I just felt like doing a bit of rambling. I am feeling rather shitty lately. Like fat, grumpy, oompa-loompa kind of shitty. No amount of 'Confusious says' quotes on morning radio is going to cheer me up. Why? Because welcome to the life of a super stressed out Singaporean (resident) where life is work and work is life.
I have an insanely expensive habit. One that is spurred by stress. The higher the stress, the more I buy. It's a crazy unfulfilling prophecy of inspiring project 10-pan videos and new collection hauls. I have a bag of unopened stuff waiting to be used. It's ridiculous situation gone out of hand.
So I was 'inspired' to do a look.
And to sum up how much my face is worth.
And after all the listing down, decide if I think my face is really worth that value.
1. I prepped my face with Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base.
It's nice - smells very citrusy and the skin sucks it up instantly. Staying power? Not fantastic. But hydration factor is awesome!
2. I slick one one pump of the YSL touche eclat foundation
I have the shade B40 and used a Sigmab brush to blend it in. I like the effect it gives, but the oil breaks out in a few hours.
3. Under my eyes I apply a dab of Dior Nude Skin Hydrating Concealer
I think this concealer is a favorite by many. I purchased it when it first came out and nobody knew about the product back then until it was mentioned by a popular YouTuber.
4. Two strokes of Nars Cap Vert Multiple on both side of the cheek for a subtle bronzed look
It took me while to whip this out. But when I did it was no turning back. A fantastic cream bronzer that looks much better than Soleil Tan de Chanel.
5. Brushed on Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in 10
It's a lovely pressed powder and makes my skin look quite satiny. I like it.
6. Added a soft application of Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Initiale
Forgotten and ignored until recently. A wearable colour for the office - simple and can be paired easily with looks
7. On the eyes, I applied Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Bone all over the lid.
Jut a basic eye base - nothing special
8. On the central lid, I applied Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Stone
A lovely shimmering taupe
9. On the crease, I used Burberry Single Eyeshadow in Khaki
Gorgeous and dreamy blending that is typical of Burberry
10. On the inner corners of my eyes, I used Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Rose Gold
A lovely... well, rose gold shade.
11. Followed by Shu Uemura eyebrow pencil
12. Then Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof pencil in espresso in the waterline
Expensive and not worth it for the amount of product you get.
13. Did a cat eye flick on the outer lash line with Mac penultimate eyeliner in Rapid Black
Almost dried out... only used it a few times.
14. Shiseido Mascara Base to extend the lashes
15. And one coat of Lancome Oscillation Mascara
16. And one lick of YSL Glossy Stain in #12
And here's the look...
How much is this face worth?
I took a wild guess... 200-300 dollars.
It is in fact US $540!!!! To be quite honest, I was shocked! And mind you, I used US prices which in general is lower than Singapore retail prices. You may be arguing with me... 'well, you can't really add it up like that. One product can be used many times. If you get 50 uses that will cost maybe $10/face'. Ok... lets assume I do use these products to its entirety or to the point I get sick of it; $10/face/day is still jawdropping. Anyway, at the rate of my hauling, I am only using the product less than a handful of times.
Lets look again. Is my face really worth $540?!?! Or $10/face?
I don't know... you tell me.
In my opinion, base products like the foundation and the blush are must-haves. Lipstick is transformary too so that bit is justified.
I learnt one thing from this whole exercise... eye makeup can add up quickly and contributes almost 40% of the 'face value'! Holy cow.... 40% of that goes to that small space in between our eyebrows and nose.
Are you up for the challenge? Please post your 'Face Value'... I'll like to see how much your face is worth. :-)