September 30, 2013

Current Skincare Uses

There are no secrets with my skincare regimen. In fact, I am quite haphazard when proper skincare is concerned. I have discovered many products from different brands over the years - some I have continued to repurchase over and over again, and some I could probably have tossed after a couple of uses. 

It has been quite some time since I've shared with you my current uses, so here it is. 


The Cleansing Routine

My cleansers consist of the Bioderma Crealine H20, IPSA Cleansing Fresh Foam, and the limited-edition Shu Uemura WKW White Recovery EX+ Cleansing Oil

I use the Bioderma micellar water to remove my eye makeup everyday. I bought my 500mL bottle from Paris and it has lasted me for very long. Shopping for Bioderma in Paris is alot cheaper than in Singapore.

Shu Uemura's cleansing oils are my favorite. I've gone through a countless number of the 450mL size bottles over the past number of years. I usually have mine in the High Performance (pink) bottle, but this time I wanted to see if there are any differences with the EX+ Brightening version. Well, differences are not much. They are a perfect way to remove all traces of makeup before the main cleanser. 

And finally, the IPSA Cleansing Fresh Foam needs no introduction. It has been mentioned on my blog numerous times. I love it. It cleanses well and is affordable. IPSA left Singapore but is available in many of the other asian cities if you're travelling. 


Daily Moisturising Routine

I don't think I quite like my current moisturising routine. I am quite particular with my moisturisers. I need mine to be quick-absorbing and hydrating. 

But let me first say that the SKII Facial Treatment Essence has been in my skincare regimen for years now. I find it appropriate for the humid Singapore/Asian climates but not quite so effective for the colder Scandinavian weather. While it does not come cheap, this bottle has lasted me for more than a year. I use this before serum. 

My first forray into Sulwhasoo skincare products came about when they were first introduced into Singapore. It looked like a promising brand so I picked up the infamous First Care Serum and First Care Emulsion from DFS. As far as Korean products go, skincare regimen is always made more complicated with several steps of pre-moisturising, serum, moisturising etc. To me, it seems more like a marketing ploy to have you purchase more of the same product but in different concentrations within the same line. I decided that serum and moisturiser is good enough for me and that's what I finally stuck with. The emulsion is probably the worst moisturiser I have ever used - it took forever for it to be absorbed and would leave a heavy thick layer on top of my skin. The serum hardly did anything to my skin too. 


As soon as these products are done, I will soon start on Shiseido's White Lucent Line (toner, night cream, day cream and cleanser) together with Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum. So far, I am already enjoying the texture of the night and day cream. It's too early to form an opinion about these products now but reviews will soon follow. 


Finally, my favourite part... Treatments. 

I am using Alpha H Liquid Gold every alternate night on top of my Sulwahsoo's First Care Serum. When I want a deeper exfoliation, I would use this on its own. I apply this on a cotton pad and pat the liquid in with deep patting motions. Initially you would experience a slight tingling sensation but this feeling disappears upon subsequent uses. This skincare product is very much worth the hype - it leaves my skin looking clearer in the morning. You can purchase this from LookFantastic.com. 

Avibon comes in on days when I am not using Alpha H Liquid Gold. I purchased this from the French pharmacies because it is only available over the counter in France. I believe you can find the equivalent version of Vitamin A cream/ointment by prescription here in Singapore. The one I have here is in 1,000,000 IU percent - which I believe is a small minute concentration sufficient to be prescribed by the pharmacist. Vitamin A is effective for acne generally, but has side effects of drying and photosensitivity. I had expected Avibon to produce similar side effects but so far the dryness has been minimal. It comes in a greasy ointment base which feels extremely uncomfortable to sleep in. To be quite honest, I have not enjoyed using this so much because of this thick texture. 

Finally, Caudalie Beauty Elixer has been awesome for setting my makeup everyday. This bottle of 100mL can last an incredibly long time. There's a unique scent that some people love or hate - to me I quite like the refreshing scent. It does not really do much in terms of skincare but it's absolutely divine for soothing your nerves. Something to the likes of aromatherapy?



So I hope you found this skincare post useful. They are just some of the current uses I'm going through - they are not necessarily all my HGs today but there are some which I am glad to have discovered (i.e. Alpha H Liquid Gold). I have some new Vichy ones coming up soon to blog, and a few random acquisitions from Aesop (I absolutely love this brand) and Eve Lom. They all need a bit of time to test and experiment but I promise these thoughts will come soon. 

3 comments:

Maria said...

thank you a lot! i was curious about your routine :)
agree with your opinion about Sulwhasoo - i had a trial set. Didn't like the first serum and the lotion, but i'm totally in love with their Balancing Water. Have purchased recently the second bottle of it.

Eve Lom and Aesop?? sounds interesting! i had THAT eve lom's cleanser and still have a lot of samples of their products :)
will be waiting for your updates! :)

Lou said...

I use some of these products too: SK II Essence, Caudalie's beauty elixir and Bioderma Sensibio, they are basic on my daily routine too!

MyMakeUpCompulsion

makeupremastered said...

Hi!! I see you are going to use the Shisedo White Lucent range-I have been looking at this for pigmentation but have not found many reviews-you have obviously heard good things?? Tnx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...