June 9, 2013

An Inlit Glow with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a chill-axing Sunday. 

I finally picked up Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl when I was at Breeze Centre, Taipei. I have been hunting down this highlighter everywhere - online and Escentials (Tangs and Paragon), but alas it is supposedly discontinued or simply out of stock everywhere. I believe its close cousin, Moonstone, is the one that is readily available on SpaceNK. In Taiwan, they are selling this at 1600 Taipei Dollars.


Of course I have to blame this particular lemming on Lisa Eldridge. If it weren't for her drool-worthy showings of beautiful products, my purse would be alot happier. Nonetheless, I am extremely happy to have discovered this highlighter. Basically the Becca SSP (in short) can be mixed in with your foundations, or lightly dabbed on the top of the cheekbones to create a soft inlit glow. 


The only other liquid highlighter that I can compare to from my stash is the Rouge Bunny Rouge Seas of Tranquility. RBR's illuminators are true liquid highlighters; the finish is shimmery and complex. Becca's SSP in Pearl feels more emollient to the touch and the finish is subtle under indoor natural lighting. I suppose the shimmer is alot more obvious under bright sunlight. 


As you can see below, the RBR Seas of Tranquility appears far more frosty/metallic. I love them both, but would use the RBR seas of tranquility for a more pronounced highlighter effect on my cheeks. 


I mix one pump of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector with 2 pumps of Dior Nude Foundation in Shade 031. Then I mixed the two together with my finger and dabbing it to my face. I then dusted some By Terry Pressed Powder. 


I also placed a few dabs on the upper cheeks, blending it upwards to the temple. Overall, I really love the ethereal look. This combination makes my skin look alive - I'm very impressed; there's hardly any signs of powder gathering at the nose.


The shimmer is extremely subtle. Love!


Perhaps the only downside to this highlighter is that oily skin types will find the texture a bit too emollient. I suffer from slight T-zone oiliness and I hardly blot throughout the day, so I don't mind the odd feeling of mid-day oiliness. 


What are your thoughts about the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors? Do you like it? How do you best use it?



3 comments:

aucupariabrumalis said...

I love RBR! the best highlighter for my dry skin, I adore the finish. I like the becca one for my cheeks and where I need some wheen. I am obsessed with highlighters, even in summer, they make me look so healthy, haha. I like the finish on you a lot >.< / Claire xxx

Maria said...

...and it will be 100% offtopic, but i'm very happy to see your posts :)
even if this Becca product i don't need at all :)))))

Chris El @ MyFashionTrendencies said...

Welcome back Tracy and thank you for reminding me that I need to get my hands on these. :)
xoxo
Chris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...