June 15, 2013

A surprising few Bourjois finds from the drugstore

For those who don't live in this part of the world, Watsons is the mecca of drugstores in South East Asia. It offers a wide range of asian-specific brands (Peripera, ZA, Canmake, Heroine Make, etc) and Western drugstore brands. In some of the larger flagship stores, you can find a fairly large Bourjois counter. As much as I frequent the drugstore, I find their prices quite a deterrent. For example, Maybelline Falsies Mascara at S$20 or Revlon glosses at $19 are a bit ridiculous for drugstore prices. While all the higher-end makeup are also increasing their prices steadily, makeup consumerism is a rather expensive habit to uphold here in Singapore. It doesn't stop me anyway... 

I took full opportunity to pick up a few items from Watsons when they held their 1-day member sale. Most things were discounted at 20-25%, including Bourjois. 


I picked up the new Bourjois new blush in 01 Nude Velvet, which has a beautiful cream-to-powder consistency. Very lovely creamy texture and blends beautifully on the skin. Each compact holds 2.5g and packaged in a small magnetic-closure container, approximately the size of their eyeshadows. 


Nude Velvet is the lightest of the four newly available shades - probably described to be a light apricot color and looks fabulous on lighter skin tones. This retails for $20.


And, my first ever Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. Looking forward to trying this when I play around with more summer shades.


Finally, I succumbed to the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation. It has been on my wish-list for a while now, but somehow I have been strong enough to push my lemmings aside because of my overcrowded drawers of foundation. I picked my shade in Vanilla 52, a shade that seems to match my NC25 complexion nicely. 


The consistency of the foundation is fluid-like and can be easily spread within seconds.  The finish is satin-matte and the coverage light. I can see why many see the Bourjois Healthy Mix as a great high-street foundation, because it has a lovely finish and lasting-power equivalent to the higher-end foundations. I noticed the shelf had a new and improved Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, which comes in a glass bottle. I decided to go with the tried, tested and loved older version, which I have here. 


 


The satin finish from the Bourjois Health Mix Foundation surprised me... There was no evidence of excessive powder that would typically gather around my nose and upper cheeks. Further testimony to this surprising foundation is that even a few hours after application, I have not broken out into an oily mess. Radiance-boosting? Tick and tick!


On my cheeks I have Bourjois 01 Nude Velvet Cream Blush. I wasn't able to accurately capture the color on my cheeks because the colour is extremely subtle when blended out. While it is a nice little limited-edition item from Bourjois, I wouldn't say it is a must-have. It's pretty but the color does not last throughout the day. 


Again, I'm very impressed with the Bourjois Healthy Mix. I just can't get over how awesome it is!



The look I have on today features...

- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 52 Vanilla
- Bourjois Nude Velvet Cream Blush
- Anna Sui Pressed Powder
Diorkin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer in 002 Beige
- Giorgio Armani ETK 28
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Cassis
- Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base
- Lancome Oscillation Mascara
- Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil in Seal Brown
- Dior Rouge in Fuschia Star


Have you tried Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation? Did you like it?

I hope you're having an awesome weekend!



4 comments:

chloe_e said...

I love love love the healthy mic serum from bourjois c:
I think i'm going to have to pick up that cream blush, it looks so pretty

à la foliee

Katherine L said...

i really want to try their foundation! but i don't think i can get int in the us :(

Tracy said...

Hi Katherine, believe u can order bourjois from asos.com and they ship internationally too.

abs said...

Hi how much was the bourjois foundation?:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...