June 8, 2013

A Critical Look at Lancome Oscillation Mascara

Hi! I hope you are all doing well!

I have been testing out a new mascara this week - namely, the Lancome Oscillation Mascara. As you probably would already know, I am a die-hard fan of Lancome mascaras, especially Lancome Hypnose and later Lancome Hypnose Drama.

The Lancome Oscillation Waterproof Mascara (black) comes with a gadget that allows the wand to oscillate at 7,000 vibrations per minute. It promises the ability to coat each individual lash, giving it separation and length.

Lets discuss the features...


The button to activate the oscillation feature is attached to the top part of the handle. And while I am an amateur when high-technology mascaras are concerned, a bit of effort is  required to press and activate this rather stiff button. Once activated, the button drives the oscillation motion down all the way to the tip of the wand. Technology feature easy to use? hmm... not quite.


As you can see here, the wand is made out of clean bristles, mimicking the wand design of Lancome Difinicils. Did this wand create any significant separation to my lashes? Well, lets have a look...

I am lucky to have longer eyelashes, but they are typically Asian in that it hangs around like a curtain. AND, further concealed by my hooded eyelids.


One coat reveals significantly longer eyelashes. Tick, it does lengthen. Separation? Not really.


But on the second coat, my lashes start to look like burnt twigs. Not a pretty sight. On other blogs, it seems that clumpiness was a common problem on the second coat.


One coat on the side view. The mascara definitely lengthens. But clumpiness just couldn't be avoided.



Overall, this mascara is thumbs down for me. Although I have been hardly disappointed by Lancome mascaras in the past, the oscillation feature is completely redundant as I saw no added separation to my lashes, the lengthening effect was nice but resulted in tragic clumpiness, and the very wet formula felt very heavy which then dragged my eyelashes down making it look like boudoir curtains.

A total miss. what a shame.



7 comments:

Lou said...

OMG. What a pity! I'm a great fan of Lancome mascaras too, but definitely not this one!

MyMakeUpCompulsion

Jen Lavenders said...

Aw. :( This is not good. I normally love Lancome mascaras too. I have a vibrating mascara that's supposed to be a dupe from Maybelline. I think it works well for me because it probably doesn't vibrate at 7,000 whatever per second :p

Luci Zhang said...

Hi Stacy..you should try the integral mascara by Cle de peau..it's soo amazing..it hold curls all day , lengthen ans also waterproof..I never venture to any mascara after that..it really incredibly good !

Tracy said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Luci! Will definitely check it out soon!

Maria said...

have you tried the new one by Chanel? Volume? it's just PERFECT!

Tracy said...

Maria, I just bought it today because of you! :-D Can't wait to try it!

Maria said...

OMG! now i'm getting nervous! let me know how do you like it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...