May 25, 2013

Catching up with you: Loved things over the past couple of months & a quick FOTD

I wanted to take a moment today to catch up with you. I have been away for quite some time... half a year, almost? I took a self-declared hiatus from all things recreational for several months since my arrival to Singapore. I haven't even had a chance to meet some of my close friends here in Singapore, yet alone, manage the time to frequent the gym/yoga etc. All reasons aside, I miss blogging ALOT. I miss the small thrill of seeing a comment in my window. I miss expressing my thoughts of superficial vain things and taking camwhoring pictures of myself. :-D

In all honesty, I completely lost interest in makeup in the first few months. Then the stress accumulated, and the online shopping also compounded over time. Ha! So what has become from my makeup diet has turned out to be quite the opposite! I have lots to show you... soon! 

I have discovered this wonderful site called SpaceNK... they did an awesome GWP full of deluxe sized items from brands I have never heard of or do not have access to. 


I have become utterly obsessed with body care products. My bare shower stand, which used to stand maybe 1-2 things at most, is now crowded with a (#*$load of different shower gels, shampoos, conditioners, masks, scrubs. I rotate the scents as I feel; some shower gels I'll use when I am having the most horrendous day (i.e. the Beautannia Brideshead Bath & Shower Gel). 


My summary of loved products these few months can be seen below... 

From left to right: Diptyque Baies Candle, Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation, Illamasqua Satin Primer, Philip B Lovin' Leave-in Conditioner, Rouge Bunny Rouge Seas of Tranquility, Alpha H Liquid Gold, Beautannia Brideshead Bath & Shower Gel

The first worthy mention include this godsend Alpha-H Liquid Gold, which was recommended by amodelrecommends. I use this on alternate nights, applying a small amount on a cotton pad and pressing gently on to my skin. I skip the moisturisers and serums after this. The next day my skin is so clean and clear. The first few times I tried this, there was a slight burning sensation, but on subsequent tries the feeling was no longer there. So far I am loving the results of this treatment and would recommend it to anyone who wants to achieve gentle exfoliation as part of their regular skincare regimen. 


And secondly, Philip B Lovin' Leave-in Conditioner would be my second worthy mention. This small tube (0,5 fl oz) was part of SpaceNK's massive GWP some months ago. A small dollop of Philip B's leave-in conditioner on slightly damp hair before the flip-your-head-over blowdry makes the perfect silky texture. It's lightweight, non-greasy and gives all the love my hair needs. I have since purchased the full size (6 fl oz) from SpaceNK, but you can also get this at the salon on the 6/7th floor of Ngee Ann City if you reside in Singapore. 


I am also revisiting old makeup products... things I just have owned for too long. They are indeed lovely things. I participated less of the Spring Collections, but I just can't help it when summer collections are here. I have a terrible addiction to bronzers and illuminators. 

I am learning to get the most out of burnished red eyeshadows. It can be tricky to apply, but with some eyeliner and volumized lashes, you can minimise that punched-out eye appearance. Shu Uemura's Karl Lagerfield's eyeshadow palette (although limited edition), has this interesting brick red eyeshadow on the bottom right, which turned out quite nicely today. 


On my cheeks I have RMK's Jelly Cheeks 02-Apricot. Whilst the texture of these blushes reminds me of a cream blush, the pick-up is somewhere like a light powder blush. Using a blusher brush didn't quite work out with this blush, so I had to resort to using my fingers instead. 

And yes what you're seeing there is a the pan of my Anna Sui's pressed powder. Rejoice! Ha! (No, I am not insane. :-) I am just hopelessly in love with makeup.)

I'm not a big fan of the YSL rouge volupte lipsticks, but I have since discovered the YSL rouge volupte shines and they are simply exquisite! 

A few things are nearing it's end-of-life, including my Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation and Illamasqua Satin Primer. The combination of these two bases make the most glowy dewy look. These have been my staple base makeup products lately. 



I hope you are all doing well and to those in the Northern Hemisphere, have a wonderful summer!!!

18 comments:

Lilladylife said...

Nice to see a FOTD from you again! haha space nk is super dangerous! u almost finished ur armani foundation and powder? high five girl! hope u are doing well in singapore!

Tracy said...

ha! thanks :-) !! Online shopping period is dangerous. Yup, almost done but I envy the rate you finish your lippies! You're hands down the queen of empties!!

Haru said...

Welcome back! I missed reading your updates! That's a great GWP from SpaceNK. Will need to check out the Alpha-H Liquid Gold.

softly said...

That bottom right shade on the shu palette is actually a blush. :) However, it still looks beautiful!

I hope you are doing well, and I hope to see you back here soon. :)

x Carina

Tracy said...

Thanks Haru! I think it was your post that spurred on the hunt for space nk!! I hope you are doing well!

Tracy said...

You know what... carina, you are right about that blush on the shu Karl lager field palette! I never knew! Thanks for pointing that out! What a tiny pan for that blush...

sweetcloud said...

So the Alpha-H Liquid Gold is an exfoliator and you don't follow up with any skin care afterwards? I think I would get all OCD over not moisturzing at night, especially after exfoliating xD

Jacqueline said...

Hey Tracy good to ready your posts again, welcome back.

Maria said...

oh! i missed you so much Tracy!!!! great post and you look really glowing! please don't disappear again!

Tracy said...

Hi sweet cloud, yup! Indeed! For a more intense treatment , alpha. H liquid gold is used alone. Will post more about it soon!

Tracy said...

Hi Jacqueline, thanks! I hope ur doing well!

Tracy said...

Hi Maria! :-) ur comments always bring a smile to me. Thanks and will try to post more often! I hope ur doing well!

Gabriela said...

It's nice to tea your posts again, Tracy! You look beautiful in the picture, I hope you're doing we'll in Singapore and are enjoying yourself! =)

everbluec chantana said...

Welcome back!!!
I miss reading your post too!

jaDe said...

Yes spring is here and summer is approaching! Too much light here so am not sleeping much. I am so jealous that you can buy so many nice products! Over here in kampung Stavanger it is bloody difficult. Anyway love reading your post! I actually stumbled on you by chance the other day when searching about CC creams lol. Jade

Cheryl said...

Where did you get the Liquid Gold? I want to buy one for myself as well. :)

Tracy said...

Hi Cheryl, I bought mine from lookfantastic.com

Maryda said...

Hi
what's your armani silk shade?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...