October 8, 2012

Tokyo and a haul!

Last week I was in Tokyo. 

Even though I was only there for 5-days, I loved every moment of it! Albeit a very tight business schedule and very little time to shop and sightsee, I managed to take back a little bit of Japan to Copenhagen. I know that one day I'll be back again, and the next time it will definitely be for holidays! I wish I had taken more pictures - everything was taken with my iphone and we all know how bad the battery life can be... 

I had probably only 5 hours out of the whole week to really soak myself into Tokyo - particularly in Ginza (the uptown of Tokyo) and Shinjuku (the shopping district). The rest of the trip was pretty much work-related. I couldn't cover Harajuku or Shibuya during this trip, which was a bummer! Next time. 

I really love working with the Japanese - most appear very quiet (and very polite indeed!), and they are so overwhelmingly competent and professional. They are really a pleasure to work with! 

My Japanese colleagues also took us out for some spectacular restaurants - Kobi beef, tepanyaki, tempura and udon, okinimiyaki, sushi and more. I was in food heaven everyday, especially after being in a food-coma for almost 2-years. The best food I had was the tepanyaki - the kobi beef was so mouthwatering and the best I've ever had. The sushi was surprisingly not as good as I had expected it to be; I've had better in Sydney.





I also managed to go to Mitsokoshi and Takashimaya department stores and their food basement hall. Wow, I don't know what to say... simply jawdropping and stunning. Rows and rows of food all nicely decorated. You can definitely spend hours and hours just staring at all of the food. 

Likewise, Shinjuku was so beautiful at night. There are small alleyways that are infiltrated with small Japanese restaurants. The place is buzzing and alive. If I recall, one of the streets is called 'Electric Street' - so aptly named! 

Japanese girls are also dressed and made up to the T. Beauty is such a big thing in Japan. Japanese drugstores are packed with cosmetics over 4 stories and range from the usual Canmake, Integrate, Majolica Majorca, and the higher end Maquillage, Esprique Precious, Aube, Sofina etc. Its definitely easy to overspend in these drugstores - I certainly spent way more than I should! Here's what I hauled back home. Very productive shopping in just 5 hours, wouldn't you say?!



Buying Japanese magazines purely for the sake of the freebies! I wish I knew Japanese! I guess it's never too late to pick up another language.



Ha! And some pens. I can't deny my love for stationary, especially the multi-coloured pens. 


I managed to squeeze a bit more shopping at Narita Airport, where I purchased a few pieces from the 2012 Spring and Autumn Lunasol collection. The prices are about 15% cheaper than Singapore. 


And finally, a gift for my SO. A beautiful handcrafted Japanese teapot. 


I hope you enjoyed this post!

9 comments:

Maria said...

OMG! what a haul! you totally deserve it, Tracy!
Can’t wait to hear your thought on Aqua Cure! And I’m happy to see Canmake among your purchases! I have the same lip gloss (not sure if the color is the same though) and I have their Cheek Gradation blush – love it so much!

Chris El @ MyFashionTrendencies said...

Tracy your haul looks amazing! I'd love to know your thoughts on the beauty products that you purchased.

The Driveller Kate said...

I am unspeakably jealous right now! Just walking around in Tokyo is such a makeup inspiration -- so many beautifully made-up women (and some men) in all kinds of styles <3

Jacqueline said...

Great haul Tracy. More pictures of your trip please, it looks fun. I also would love to see the Lunasol palettes you bought.

memoiselle said...

OMG what exciting haul! Those Japanese makeup products are just pretty! I am curious on what you think of the Vissee eyeshadow :)

Miaka said...

love your haul!! Cure gel and Heroine Kiss Me mascara are my fav!

Haru said...

It's my favourite city in the world! I always stay in Shinjuku when I visit. Just purchased the Paul & Joe mook too and love the case and pouch!

makeup magpie said...

Always love your travel posts - thanks for sharing! :)

Fannie said...

Hi Tracy! Love the haul especially the tea pot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...