October 30, 2012

The Face Shop Essential Mask Sheet in Pearl


I used to always make fun of my mum when she wore sheet masks when I was younger. I never knew I would also fall victim to Asian sheet masks. Now, this is not the first sheet mask I've used (my mum used to buy me ton of Beauty Diary Face Masks when she travels to Taipei). But it's certainly the first time me showing my sheet-masked-face on my blog. 

I'm no expert to reviewing sheet masks. I only use them on an occasional basis, when I've got nothing better to do than mask my hair, face, and paint fingernails. Obviously, today is one of those days where I'm getting everything done!!

Like most Korean shops, there's a wide selection of sheet masks to choose from. The Face Shop is one of those where you'll get lost in variety, but each mask is priced at about $3-$5 (depending on where you get them), so it's more like candy-picking and trial-and-error. 


I bought 5 of the Pearl Essential Sheet Masks from The Face Shop. These are supposed to give some radiance...  

The quality of the cloth feels thick, unlike the Beauty Diary Masks. The size is also good, fitting quite well to the contours of my face. As you can tell, I have a less than average sized nose! LOL! And, this is why I would normally never review face masks. :o)


My biggest gripe with these face masks is the essence (or whatever you call it), which constantly dripped from my chin downwards. Comparing this to the SKII treatment essence sheet masks, I thought it was abnormal to be this drippy. Oh, must I say that it was the SKII sheet masks that converted the skeptic in me - they were instant magic on my skin and the luminosity of my skin lasted for a few days. From that day on, I have been hunting for cheaper alternatives that could give me the same effect. I might have to pick the occasional SKII face mask, because I have found none that is quite as good. 

Sorry, I digressed. The Face Shop's Pearl Essence Face Masks makes my skin feel sticky, and I saw no difference to my skin after. I saw better results with The Beauty Diary Face Masks. 

Skip this!

Thanks for reading :o)

4 comments:

Erin said...

I've seen these on so many Asian beauty blogs and websites and even though they look silly, I've been wanting to try one so bad!

Thanks for reviewing this, I'll be sure to skip it if/when I ever try one :)

- Erin xo

365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I used to think face masks were just extra things on top of skincare but I fall victim to their ads and cool "flavors" too :D I like MBD a lot too and I've tried a few diff Asian ones. I really like this one called Sexy Look from Taiwan (I think) in red packaging. It's really nice but I love MBD ones because they have so many kinds! :p I'll be sure to skip this one though ^____^

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I STILL have never tried a sheet mask before--but I recently acquired one that I am saving for a skin emergency day! That's too bad this one wasn't a winner. I really want to try the Beauty Diary ones though--I've heard a lot of good things about them!

Miaka said...

i dont see instant results from most of the sheet masks that i have used so far (the beauty diaries, etude house , theface shop etc). But i do notice that if I DO NOT use them often, i start having breakouts and blemishes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...