October 27, 2012

Chanel Joues Contraste Rose Initiale Gorgeousness


Hi everyone! I hope you're having a splendid weekend. Mine will start in about 2 hours... I'll be going to a housewarming party and in fact will be wearing this look, which I will show you in just a bit.

Basically, it features my new Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Initiale that was released in the Chanel Autumn 2012 collection sometime in July. I'm a bit late on the Autumn collections especially that of Chanel, but only because I just can't see myself getting into autumn when I'm still enjoying the summer. 


I have mine in the EU baked version. I noticed no slight shimmer like the US version.


I would describe the color to be a rose pink, leaning warmer than JC Pink Explosion (released in 2010). Rose Initiale is an extremely wearable color and looks perfect when worn with a pronounced lip. Given my propensity to have my cheeks on the more subtle side, I do think JC Rose Initiale is one of those products that simply can't be overdone no matter how hard you try. For the purpose of this FOTD, I went for double applications to make the cheeks show through on photographs.


The brush that comes along with the blush does not fall short of quality - it feels luxurious and soft. I wish I could touch up on blush during the day like some ladies do, however, I simply can't make myself do it. The thought of having the dirt or dust transfer to the product and then having to clean the brushes... it's simply a 'no' for me. That said, JC blushes are all lovely to travel with.


I used my ultra soft RMK blush brush to apply a couple sweeps and the result is divine. JC blushes are magical in that way - it seems to transfer the color into your skin, blending it so softly that you don't any signs of harshness.


Here, I am wearing Dior Rouge Nude in Guipure (swatched here)





And here's all the products used to create this look. Read on to see some quick thoughts on some of these products...


MAC Fascinating Ruby in Smokey Eyes has some of MAC's most essential neutral shades. I grab this far more than the Naked Palette. I don't know why... I used MAC Carbon and Dark Devotion to accentuate the outer corners.

The brown shade from Chanel Ombres Contraste Duo in Sable Emouvant blends so effortlessly with the rest of the shadows. Definitely a rockstar-quality rich brown.

I've had the Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation for some time now, and it's a b*@# to pump the product out of the pump-dispenser. It's a nice medium coverage foundation, but I find the shade too pink. I'm looking forward to completing this bottle.

MUFE Smoky Lash is really fabulous. There's no clumpiness, and it grabs even the smallest lashes.

MUFE HD Primer feels almost like skincare. I have mine in a small deluxe size, but it has lasted me a while. I have finished a similar one in the purple shade, and loved it.

Paul & Joe Eyebrow Pencil Duo comes in 2 parts; one darker and one lighter. I use the darker end from halfway point to the tips of my brows, and the lighter towards the center of my face. I learnt this trick to define yet soften the look from Bee Lian, a bubbly SA who used to work in Takashimaya P&J.

Dior Nude Rouge in Guipure (as well as Grege) are my two favorite lipsticks for the month.


Thanks for reading and hope you have a fun Halloween weekend. Head over to The Makeup Blogette to see her creepy Halloween looks - she is pure talent, and one of the best looks I've seen so far this year. 

9 comments:

The Beauty Junkee said...

Argh! I want! And the wishlist goes on and on....

Chris El @ MyFashionTrendencies said...

Tracy your makeup looks absolutely gorgeous!

Jacqueline said...

I resisted getting Rose Initiale for the longest time. ;) It looks great on you Tracy.

Miaka said...

Love this look! My rosé initiale is still nicely packed in the box, BRAND NEW. Lol

memoiselle said...

This is one of the blush that I want but I keep on saying no to myself because this is not a LE product :)

Anne said...

nice post. i wonder if chanel blushes will work on oily skin.by the way what do you think of the dior nude lipblush lipsticks are they better than chanel rouge coco shines? thanks

Tracy said...

Hi Anne, the dior nude lipblushes are more creamy and opaque compared to the Chanel coco shines, which tend to be glossy and sheer. I have somewhat moderate oily t-zone but suffer dry skin on my cheeks so I can't comment about how JC blushes are on oily skin. I did not see oxidation during the day, if that helps at all... :-)

Anne said...

thanks for the reply tracy :) will definitely check out those lipsticks :) and for the blush i'll have to think about it :) happy halloween

Anne said...

By the way are dior nude lipsticks permanent range?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...