September 29, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Periwinkle Cardinal EOTD

It's been quite some time since I've worn a green eyeshadow. In fact, I used to wear greens far more often than neutrals. And, greens just look fabulous on tanned complexions. Right now I'm hovering between NC25 to NC30. 

I'm so glad I picked up Rouge Bunny Rouge's Long-Lasting Eyeshadow in Periwinkle Cardinal. It's definitely refreshing to have some color with my purchases. I have been a boring old fart lately, including my life. Some color is definitely needed in my life!


Periwinkle cardinal is hardly a daring choice; I would describe it to be a silvery sage green with iridescence. It's complementary with many of the eyeshadows you may have in your stash, especially with neutral tones. 


The RBR eyeshadows individually contain 2.4g. I'm a little disappointed that Zuneta had charged me the price for the larger pans to my smaller Solstice Halcyon. I'm not a person to check prices and quantities, but the discrepancy wasn't quite fair, in my opinion. 

Nevertheless, like all RBR eyeshadows, they are cute as a button.


Depending on the light, it has a slight blue-ish tinge.


In my stash, Majolica Majorca GR791 and Lancome Color Design in Filigree were the closest dupes. RBR Periwinkle Cardinal leans slightly more cool, with almost a grey or blue tone depending on the light. Shu Uemura's green is far more yellow-toned. Stila's is the truest sage green I have. The lancome green has a similar finish and shade, but the texture is not on par with the silky texture of RBR eyeshadows. 



I completed the look today by pairing RBR Delicate Hummingbird on the crease, and RBR Solstice Halcyon slightly above RBR Periwinkle Cardinal, blending it slightly. 




I do believe that this pairing is a match made in heaven! If you're not quite sure which first RBR eyeshadow to begin with, I would recommend you to pick Delicate Hummingbird and Periwinkle Cardinal! 



I hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday. It just keeps on raining non-stop here in Copenhagen! I guess that only means doing laundry, cleaning the apartment, packing and finally leaving to Tokyo!

Oh I can't wait!!!!

:o)

I have my shopping list full of Japanese magazines, snacks, stationary and makeup, of course!!!

5 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

It's a nice color on you :) I like green eye shadows too, especially olive ones. I like the shimmers :)

The Driveller Kate said...

SUPER pretty look! I always forget how unusual PC is until swtached against other things in the same family. My favourite pairing is with DH as well :D

makeup magpie said...

Very pretty! Reminds me a bit of Chanel's Riviere cream shadow. Looks great on you!

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty Tracy.

Rola said...

Hi, Tracy, I love this color! I am really loving shades of blue and green.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...