September 16, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicate Hummingbird Review and EOTD

The more I try Rouge Bunny Rouge, the more I am drawn into the brand. Today, I tested Rouge Bunny Rouge When Birds are Singing - Delicate Hummingbird and OMG... words cannot describe how gorgeous this shade is! It's truly stunning! I think everyone needs to own this, if not already! This shade will truly blow your socks off, and this also applies to neutral-lovers. 


RBR Delicate Hummingbird surprisingly comes in a larger quantity (2.4g) than my RBR Solstice Halcyon (2g), which I have reviewed yesterday. The case is slightly larger and slightly thicker. But otherwise, everything else is the same. This retails for 22 pounds on Zuneta.com.


As always, the RBR embossing is so boudoir. 



The texture and pigmentation is silky smooth and not chalky whatsoever!


Zuneta describes Delicate Hummingbird as a cold, dusky, sugar-frosted plum, iridescent with pink shimmer. I think that's a pretty accurate depiction. To the eye, the subtle nuance of color shifts depending on the light; mauve - purple - brown. It's impossible to describe exactly. 


I rummaged through my stash to find some equivalents and these were the closest shades that I could find. None of these shades are remotely close to RBR Hummingbird. From a birds eye glance, I thought that Nars Habanera was the closest dupe, but it turned out to be more of a deeper shade. 


As you can see the glow and sheen with the RBR eyeshadows are stunning. Shu Uemura ME 700 (the older formulation) has a finish that is most similar to the RBR. Everything else was just a chalky mess - I'm look at you MAC Smudged Violet. I suspect that there's something wrong with my MAC Smudged violet because there's no pigmentation whatsoever and it's horrendous. 

Dior Pearl Glow was alot more of a blue-toned purple, Shu Uemura is more of a purple and RBR Delicate hummingbird is somewhere in between the two aforementioned. 


RBR Delicate Hummingbird is even more gorgeous on the lids. I have a feeling that this is going to be my daily look for the coming days. I love that it's duo-dimensional and gives a lovely sheen to the lids. It's not trying hard at all. I think it'll look fantastic on its own or with a goldish-light shade, especially in the middle of the lids to give a 3D effect.


That shade I have in mind is the Shu Uemura Pressed Eyeshadow N in IR White 900Y. MAC Ricepaper is just as good. Probably some brown eyeliner would match better with this look, just to bring the whole look softer. 



I kept everything else to a minimum for this look, playing with more of the brown-neutral blushers, and light nudes. I have forgotten how much I love MAC's politely pink. It's frosty and gives a glossy look to the lips. I think I'll have to make a worthy mention of this lipstick in a future post. 



And here's all the items I used for today's look:

MUFE HD Primer (transparent) - Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation - Dolce & Gabanna Caramel Blush - Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicate Hummingbird e/s - Shu Uemura IR White 990Y e/s - MUFE Smoky Lash Mascara - Paul & Joe Eyebrow Pencil Duo - MAC Blitz & Glitz Fluidline - MAC Politely Pink lipstick 


I hope you're all had a wonderful weekend. I'm sure you would have noticed that I'm only blogging on the weekends. Unfortunately, it's the only time that I have nowadays and I promise it will be much better after this crazy period is over. 


2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty Tracy, it looks gorgeous on you.

Rei said...

I haven't bought any RBR makeup yet, because I'm SCARED I will be addicted to the brand! I already have so much addition so I really don't need another brand that blows my socks off lol
Love your fotd! Delicate Hummingbird looked sooo gorgeous against the D&G blush :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...