September 15, 2012

Hada Labo AHA + BHA Face Wash

Hi everyone! Today I have a lovely and affordable skincare item from Hada Labo, which I'm keen to share my thoughts on. By now you would know how much I love my IPSA Cleansing Smooth Foam (now called IPSA Cleansing Fresh Foam). To me IPSA's cleansing foam is my all time favorite and I would make sure to stock up every time I drop by Asia. 

I was in Singapore about a few weeks back and I had run out of my beloved IPSA Cleansing Fresh Foam. I made it a point to visit Tangs Orchard to purchase a few backups, but alas, on that very day Tangs was closed. On a spur of the moment, I decided to purchase something more affordable in Watsons, and came home with the Hada Labo AHA + BHA Face Wash. I can't recall exactly how much I paid for this cleanser; I think it was less than $20. 


Hada Labo is a Japanese drugstore skincare line that has become famous in Japan for its hyaluronic acid products, which claim to be hydrating and gentle. 

The combination of AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) and BHA (salicylic acid) acids serves to gently exfoliate the dead skin cells and unclog pores, leaving a smoother skin surface. It is also free of fragrances, mineral oil, alcohol and colorants. 

After a few weeks of use, I can honestly say that my impressions of the Hada Labo AHA + BHA cleanser is positive. It cleansed my skin pretty effectively without drying my skin out. I noticed the odd pimple on a blue moon, but its cause was mostly attributed to stress. The only thing I would say as a slight negative on this cleanser is that it does not 'rinse' as well as the IPSA cleansing foam. Instead of leaving a squeeky clean feel (like the IPSA Cleansing Fresh Foam does), this one leaves a slight residue after rinsing. And mind you, that's unusual for a place like Denmark, where the water is very hard! 


The tube contains a generous amount at 130g, and only the tiniest amount of product is enough to lather my entire face. 

Perhaps the only thing I am missing from the cleansing 'experience' would be the foam/lather. Compared to the IPSA Cleansing Fresh Foam, this cleanser does not lather as much. For me, lather is the most important factor in giving the best cleansing experience. And that is mostly due to the years of living in hot, humid and polluted cities. To me, the cleansing step is extremely important in my daily morning and night skincare routine. And for the record, I hated the Cetaphil Cleanser - it felt like it did nothing to clean my skin!

When I tested the product on some waterproof eyeliners, I didn't expect this cleanser to perform that well. Okay, it did not remove everything off, but you can see that only the slightest bit of eyeliner that was left behind. It's comforting to know that my 2-step process (oil cleanser + foam cleanser) should be able to remove even the most stubborn makeup. 


So if you're looking for a more affordable alternative to a cleansing foam, I highly suggest you give the Hada Labo AHA + BHA Face Wash a try. And when you do, you might even feel the slightest bit guilty for spending $50+ for cleansers from high-end brands. However, want to know to caveat here? I still love my IPSA Cleansing Fresh Foam and not even this can replace it! :-D

Thanks for reading and I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Mine has been pretty boring (catching up on emails, working on presentation decks, and doing last-minute homework!) 

1 comment:

Maria said...

i have just read your reply about IPSA (thank you!), and here is your new post....about the cleansing foam i use now! :))) incredible!
i like this HadaLabo foam, but i heard so many raves about it that i was expecting something AMAZING, while i should say it's a good cleanser but no magic in it :) not sure if that make sense for normal people, not for beauty maniacs :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...