September 3, 2012

FOTD: illamasqua deep navy blues

Late last night I was rummaging through my drawers and I came across this little pot of deep blue goodness. 

First of all, what took me so long to rediscover this? It's beautiful! And oh so pigmented!

I used illamasqua liquid metal in Superior as a base on my lids.


Then I started playing around with the first four strips of color from the Paul & Joe Face & Eye Color CS 069 - from the dark blue, purple, pink to create a gradation from lash line to crease. This nifty floral decorated eye palette is so sweet and probably one of my best purchases from Paul & Joe. The pigmentation can be subtle, so layering it over the illamasqua liquid metal brings out the intensity of each color. 


Adding Shu Uemura IR 900Y eyeshadow to the inner corners of the eyes and bottom lashline just brought this whole look together. This eyeshadow, if you can still get your hands on it, gives the most ethereal gold glow. 



For the rest of my look, I used Guerlain Lingerie De Peau foundation. I have forgotten how much I love this foundation. Last year I had tried to wear it but it only accentuated my dry skin patches during the winter. I learnt that the best way to wear this foundation is to have a moisturising primer underneath. I used Bobbi Brown Vitamin C Enriched Face Base. I am seriously in love with this stuff - it smells so heavenly and my skin drinks it up like juice. 


I dusted some Perles D'or Meteorites lightly all over to give my face an additional shimmer and glow. 


Depending on which cheek brush you use, Benefit Sugarbomb can either make your cheeks pop or give a subtle nuance of color. I went for the latter, using the softest blush brush by RMK. It's made of squirrel hair and it feels divine on the skin. I can only recommend this brush to anyone looking to diverge from MAC brushes. 


On my lips I have Guerlain Kiss Kiss Rose Ingenue 573, a soft nude-peach. The formula is moisturising too. 




I hope you are having a good Monday and thank you for reading!

9 comments:

aucupariabrumalis said...

wow, I love the last pic! This lip shade suits you very well tracy. do you have a new hair cut? :D nice to see some guerlain products - I love them <3

Tracy said...

Hi Claire, yes indeed! It's much shorter now and alot more manageable. :o)

aucupariabrumalis said...

ha, I know what you mean, when I had shorter hair it was always so easy, now I have to menage that exploded baby chicken hair in the morning. this length makes you youger and fresher somehow, I really love it :) / ~Claire~

Sukie said...

Hello Tracy! It's a really lovely and subtle look! I wouldn't have given the Navy Liquid Metal a second look as dark shades do put me off but you've intrigued me! xxx

Tracy said...

Hi Sukie! illamasqua products do tend to be quite off-putting at first but their pigmentation is a class of its own. The liquid metals can be blended out so it doesn't look as harsh on. I'm glad to have intrigued you! :o)

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty Tracy, I'm inspired to do a blue look today too! That liquid metal looks fantastic, does it stay on your lids well?

Fannie said...

Hi Tracy, love the look. Your eyes really pop but the look is still very light and romantic.

memoiselle said...

Very pretty Tracy! I love that Paul & Joe eyes palette. So cute <3 and I like your lip color. That Guerlain looks perfect with the eye make up :)

makeup magpie said...

Very pretty look. I love the blue and that Guerlain lipstick is great! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...