August 19, 2012

Updated Skincare: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo and Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

Writing skincare reviews are rather arbitrary, especially as everyone is confronted with very different skincare concerns and environmental stressors. As for me, I have generally responsive skin depending on the place that I am. My skin hates humidity with a passion - it produces alot more sebum, whiteheads and blackheads. I find that I can control my skin alot better in more cooler temperatures - either through more emolient skincare and frequent face-masks.

The month of July and August has resulted in my skin feeling less than optimal - too much sun, dry travel cabins, work pressures, and dehydration. I believe that the best skincare is about being able to respond to its needs. Which brings me to the two very impressive products that I have used the last month or so - Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet and the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo.


La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo has been a strange dark horse to me. It didn't create an impression at first, but after a few weeks of use - I noticed my skin was responding very well to humidity and excess sebum. It works on small pimples and gentle resurfacing of the skin to give a more clearer complexion all in all. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to have seen such results that I would consider it a must-have for women living in the tropics. 

The effects are probably attributed to the small inclusion of salicylic acid ingredients, which traditionally works wonders on resurfacing and preventing clogged pores.



It spreads well, like a thin gel, and gets absorbed almost immediately. I learn that this product can be used as a spot-treatment or all-over face serum, which the latter applies to me. It has lasted me about 2 months now of AM/PM use, and I probably have another 1 month to go. I apply this after toner/softener, and before my moisturiser.

I purchased this in Berlin, for 14 euros. Very inexpensive considering how gentle and effective the product is. This lovely induction into La Roche-Posay now gives greater incentive to try even more of their line.




Next up, Caudalie released a new line of Vinosource products, which are aimed to for the sensitive skin types and addressing hydration issues. There are five different Vinosource products; Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum, Vinosource Nourishing Concentrate, Vinosource Moisture Recovering Cream, Vinosource Moisturizing Mattifying Fluid and finally, the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet.


I picked a very lightweight moisturiser - aptly named as the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet. Sorbet is a strange word to be used in a skincare product; triggering my pre-purchase preconceptions of 'cooling', 'spread easily', 'thin consistency'. Funnily enough, it satisfies all these descriptions.



There's no thinking process when applying this moisturiser, it absorbs almost instantaneously and leaves a slight cooling feeling. This is my first time trying the Caudalie series, and very pleasantly surprised at its quality and effectiveness. Again, I wonder why it has taken me this long to try french pharmacy products!

I purchased mine for 21.60 euros, again from a Berlin apotecary.


The main ingredient - grape fruit water targets the skin hydration mechanisms and hydration reserves* (extracted from Caudalie-usa.com)



These 2 products; La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo and Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet has truly blown me away! I looked forward to using them every morning and night. They are both complementary to each other and so comfortable to use that I never had to think about whether they were too heavy or harsh on my skin. Rarely would I feel so content about skincare products and happy about its value, to the point that I would consider putting a ban on all the high-end department lines.

Have you used any of French Pharmacy products? If so, please share what your favorites are! Because the next time I step into a french apotecary will be the time that I stock up!

3 comments:

Maria said...

i'm a huge fan of Caudalie. but Sorbet is the product i liked less than any other their cream.
i love their pulp vitaminee emulsion as a cream!

Jacqueline said...

My skin hates the humidity too but what to do :( Caudalie is a lovely brand, I just finished their eye cream. I enjoyed using it.

catpie said...

Do you know where to buy Caudalie in Copenhagen??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...