August 26, 2012

FOTD with Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes GR791

This is a much belated post on a number of drugstore eyeshadow palettes I had picked up from Taipei last month. It was one of the best opportunities to try makeup from Majolica Majorca, Integrate, Lavschuca, etc. My lil sister and I went overboard at Watsons Taipei and we promised to swap products when we see each other again - this way, I get to try more! My sister and I share alot of makeup, except for foundations.


Japanese drugstore makeup in Taipei is alot cheaper than Singapore. Majolica Majorca palettes are priced at TPE 390, translating to about SGD 16. From memory, the same palettes costs SGD 24.95. That's some nice savings there already.

Majolica Majorca releases new eyeshadow palettes every season or so, and whilst I like them all, I found the Fall 2010 Jeweling Eyes Collection a standout. There were some fun colours to play around with, especially the GR791 with it's seagreen turquoise. This shade reminds me of the beautiful sea waters in Santorini.


Majolica Majorca palettes are ultra pretty and very well thought through - especially at its price. I could easily stop buying expensive makeup palettes and collect Japanese eyeshadow palettes instead. It's nice to access pretty things at an affordable price range.


There are 4 shades to this palette, and the quantities are provided based on the expected amount of use you'll need each time.

#1 light sparkly pink
#2 champagne colour with sparkle for all over the lids
#3 turquoise definition color for the crease area and towards the lash line - beautiful beautiful shade!
#4 a dark moss green for the lash line


Each shade swatches easily. The quality, like most Japanese eyeshadows, is harder to the touch (not as buttery) and plenty of shimmer. Not all Majolica Majorca palettes are as beautiful as this - the earlier collections had quite a bit of fall out and didn't blend quite as well on the lids.

Whilst finger swatches were pigmented, application the eye lid requires a little bit more work - maybe a second layer to bring out the intensity of the colour.


On the back of most Japanese eyeshadow palettes consist of step-by-step application instructions. I used my own makeup brushes to apply all the shades, and followed the instructions on the pack to create my look below.

Applying all shades of the Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes GR 791 Palette
One. #2 (champagne colour) all over my eye lid with a fluffy blending brush
Two. #1 (pink silver colour) below the brow bone and towards the bridge of the nose with a large shadow brush
Three. #3 (turquoise color) blending it towards the end and out of the lash line
Four. #4 (moss green color) to define the top and bottom lash line

Five. lined my lash line with MAC Penultimate Eyeliner in Rapid Black 
Six. applied my trusty Make Up Forever Smoky Lash mascara



Unfortunately it was hard to capture the shimmer and sparkles on camera. I love how the four shades came together - it's not loud, but quite subtle with a touch of of turquoise that makes all the difference. There was some fall out, although, it can easily be managed.

I complemented the look with a rosey brown blush from Kiko, and my favourite lipstick from Dior in incognito.


I  love all the shades in this palette; there's a mix of neutral shades, added with a pop of colour. For SGD 16, it's definitely a winner and collectible-worthy. You can buy yours from Yesstyle.



And here is the breakdown of all the products used in todays look:

  • MUFE High Definition Primer 
  • MUFE High Definition Foundation #120
  • MUFE High Definition Powder 
  • Paul & Joe Eyebrow Pencil 03
  • Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes GR791
  • MAC Penultimate Eyeliner in Rapidblack
  • MUFE Smoky Lash Mascara
  • Kiko Soft Touch Blush - Shade in 102
  • Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick - Shade in Incognito


Thanks for reading and hope you're enjoying the last day of the weekend! 

6 comments:

Haru said...

This is my favourite palette from Majolica, and it's an unusual shade combination that is rarely seen. You look great as usual!

Tracy said...

Hi Haru, Thank you! I noticed as well that MM rarely release daring colours - instead, it's always the same shades in different packaging.

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

The turquoise color is so pretty, Tracy. I love the subtle statement. The eyeshadows look really good. I have an MM palette that consists of diff shades of blue and I find it to be one of the best palettes I own :)

You look great! Incognito is so pretty on your lips!

The Driveller Kate said...

I love your smile and you look so pretty in these soft rosy blush/lip shades. I really liked this palette from Majomajo and its darker 'sister' quad.

Sarah S. said...

Lovely :) You've made turquoise look so wearable.

olivia said...

love your look! i must get this eyeshadow and add it to my mm collection :D
http://oliviiaaaaa.blogspot.com.au/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...