July 2, 2012

Photo challenge: Makeup Colours Edition

Yumeko started off the trend of the weekly photo challenge - makeup colours edition. Head over to Rouge Deluxe and Drivol about Frivol on their intepretations of black, white, orange, brown, and their own most possessed colour.

Here's mine!

Blacks

Black eyeshadow is probably my least used eyeshadow - Surprisingly. As with age, I don't wear smokey eyes like how I used to.
  • Shu Uemura P990 has lovely microshimmers and is very smooth to apply.
  • My old trusty LE smokey eye palette called Fascinating Ruby contains the regular Carbon eyeshadow.
  • Chanel Ombres Perlees has a silvery black - really pretty.
  • Chanel Black Pearl is probably my most used nailpolish to date.
  • Paul & Joe released a limited edition black pigment in 001.
  • The two eye pencils I rotate on a regular basis are Chanel Stylo Yeux Black Shimmer and MUFE Aqua Eyes.
  • Then finally Kat von D Lucifier which is very similar to MAC Carbon but except more pigmented!

Here are swatches:


Whites
This is a color I came up with ease - surprising... again. There seems to be duplicates of whites, but as you will see later, there are some whites that imparts a golden sheen. Whites are versatile in my opinion. They can be used on the inner corners, to blend out some harsh  colours.

  • Rescue Beauty Lounge Bella Donna from the Gomm collection is love at first sight
  • Shu Uemura IR White 900Y has an iridescent yellow - absolutely gorgeous
  • Anna Sui 001 is a traditional silvery wihte and feels very soft
  • MUFE HD Powder is obviously white, but only leaves a light transparent veil when applied all over the face
  • Shu Uemura P White 900 is a cement white colour
  • Laneige Y430 is crazily pigmented and buttery smooth - a surprising gem I found at one of their warehouse sales.
  • Shu Uemura G White Rainbow was a limited edition sparkly eyeshadows for party looks. The texture is a bit tough, but once on, it's really pretty.
  • OPI Don't touch my tutu is a light jelly white.
  • Lancome cils booster is a lash primer which lengthens my lashes significantly.


Oranges
The color orange is declared the color of the year by Sephora. It's quite a fun color, but a little daring to be used as eyeshadow, no?

  • OPI Roll in the Hague is like *boom ORANGE*. There's nothing subtle about it. It's like the traffic light orange.
  • China Glaze Peachy Keen takes the notch lower, being well... quite peachy.
  • Nars Turks & Caicos was a pain in the butt to photograph. It appears very orange on tube, but appears quite peachy on my skin. The colour looks really yummy - like popsicle yummy.
  • MAC Obviously orange is pretty obvious! Rather surprising neutral when applied on.
  • Dior Ultra Gloss 542 is from their recent collection and my first time trying it on. eeps.
  • D&G Sunset is a peachy coral orange.
  • MAC Flurry of fun is full of dazzle and not quite so pigmented.


Browns!
Browns is probably the 'weed' of the stash. I somehow have so much browns it was hard to pull it all together, and not make a giganto bomb on my makeupstation. It already is. But yes, you get what I mean. I love browns. Simply easy and foolproof makeup color.


Beiges
The most common color in my stash other than brown is beige. They pair well together, and can just be added to give a slight wash of color. And not to mention, very work friendly too.

Thanks for reading!


5 comments:

Chris El @ MyFashionTrendencies said...

I have that ltd edition smoky MAC palette although I think it was called something else. It's an oldie but a goody and just recently took it out to use "club."

~ Claire ~ said...

I love those posts!:D Corals are my favs ;) how do you like the Dior gloss Tracy? and: I strugle with anything white atm, still on a hunt for an off-white eyeliner *sigh*.

Tracy said...

Hi Chris, you're probably right... It's called the Fascinating ruby smokey eye palette. Thanks :-)

Tracy said...

Hi Claire, the summer Dior lipglosses are quite sparkly but quite pretty. I don't own anything off-white, but have heard plenty about stila topaz.

Tracy said...

Hi Memoiselle, thanks! I believe Shu Uemura has a whole new naming system but the e/s I own are all the older ones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...