July 1, 2012

Finished Products for the Month of June


Hi everyone! Can you believe that we're now officially past the half year mark? This month marks the start of many things for me. Trust me, it's been VERY busy, hectic and stressful and it's probably going to get much worse during the Autumn. So I apologise for not being around to comment and posting as frequently. 

Also, the UEFA championships has been the major reason for my absence and today is the final game of Spain vs. Italy.

Now, lets begin with this months' fun post. I love empties posts - its kinda purging out the unnecessary baggage, so that I can either acquire more or travel less.

This month has only been somewhat lacklustre, completing only a total of 6 products. I still fail to use up more makeup items.

1. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter 
A very creamy body butter with a creme brule and sweet scent, which lingers on and on for the entire day. This is the deluxe sample size, and glad it was only so, because I found the scent quite tiring after a while. 

2. Shu Uemura Red Juvenus Vitalising Renewing Night Cream
The red juvenus line is targeted for people my age - i.e. 1st signs of ageing. I already have 1-2 expression wrinkles on my forehead, plus fine wrinkles around my eyes. Now, has this done anything on 'prevention'? It's really hard to tell, isn't it? If it isn't already there, is the cream just doing its job? or is it just because you don't have wrinkles to begin with? It certainly hasn't removed any wrinkles, so maybe it's time I take the next upgrade of anti-ageing skincare. It does perform nicely as a night cream. It's thick, spreads well, nicely scented, and hydrating. Sometimes I wake up with a some oiliness, but it did not break me out. Will I repurchase? Probably not. 

3. Kerastase Bain Satin Shampoo - for normal to slightly sensitised hair
This is my 2nd bottle. Not because I loved it, but rather, it was sent to me twice. Hurray to free 500mL shampoo! The plus points is that it leaves your hair soft and adds moisture. Unfortunately my hair was not able to tolerate this shampoo, as it made my scalp oily and hair volume a little flat. That said, this shampoo is alot better than the Redken All Soft Shampoo, which has impressive ratings on Makeupalley. It didn't suit me after some time, but it may be for you if your hair is lacking moisture. 

4. and 5. Korres Shower Gels in Basil Lemon and Vanilla Cinnamon. 
I grew very tired of using LUSH body soaps, and I'm glad I had two mini Korres body products in my stash. These lovely scented, creamy and foamy body washes from Korres, are like taking a bath in a luxury 6-star hotel. Basil Lemon is so uplifting and fresh that it erases the tension from the day. Love it and will repurchase it in the litre if available!

6. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
This bottle of foundation took forever to finish. This unimposing little bottle actually contains so much foundation, that it will last more than 6 months of daily use. I really love this foundation, and many others do too. I have featured this in alot of my FOTDs, and written a post about it here. Definitely a repurchase when other foundations in my stash is completed. 

What have you finished lately? 


7 comments:

Chris El @ MyFashionTrendencies said...

I just came home with some Vitalumiere Aqua samples yesterday and I'm hoping to find the color that works for me to try out this fabulous foundation that I hear so many good things about.

Tracy said...

Hi Chris El, always a great idea to try samples before buying the full size!

Maria said...

i'm writting when it's still 2-0 for Spain :))) still hoping for italian victory :)))

i haven't finished much this month - toner of Decleor, deluxe size of water drop by elisha coy and vichy cleansing foam :)

Tracy said...

Hi Maria, not looking good for Italy. I'm very much hoping the Italians win the european cup.

I have never tried Decleor products. Are they good?

Jacqueline said...

You finished your foundie, yay. So will you be buying another one soon? :) It is always such a good excuse to try a new one.

Maria said...

never tried Decleor??! You definitely should! they have some really great products. i love their moisturizing creams and eye creams :) they also always have a lot of samples, so start with it - there are many essential oils etc, so if you are allergic it's better to be careful.
my favorite line is hydro floral and the line against the 1st wrinkles.

R. said...

Finishing 6 products is pretty darn good! I definitely don't get through as many, though it is much easier to use up bath & body items than makeup.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...