June 14, 2012

OPI New York City Ballet Soft Shades Collection

I took the plunge with OPI New York City Ballet Collection, sight unseen, from Lookfantastic.com. It looks like OPI is starting to make more of their products available on online retailers. Sometimes I prefer to have the mini-version of nailpolishes (3.75mLs) as opposed to the full size version. I've never finished a single nailpolish, and probably never will at the exponential rate in which I have been hauling. Well, that's another story.


OPI NYC Ballet Petites comes with four colours - 3 sheer toned shades (soft white, grey and lilac) plus 1 glittery polish. It's a nice assemble in case you're feeling like bingeing on nailpolishes but don't have the space!


As always, OPI has some really cute names! Care to Danse? My Pointe Exactly? lol~ love it!


Don't touch my tutu was quite streaky and hard to apply - I had to use 3 coats to obtain decent opacity. My nailbed still looks obvious with 2 coats. I guess that's the difficulty in nailpolishes, in that it's often quite hard to obtain that jelly-like finish, yet be streak-free. However, I do like the delicate feminine finish. 



My Pointe Exactly is a gorgeous jelly grey. It applies better than 'Don't Touch my Tutu'. The combination is fabulous when paired with 'Pirouette My Whistle'. Below is two coats. 



Care to Danse? is a sheer jelly lilac. It's a nice addition of sheerness, nothing stark like other lilac cremes, which can sometimes look 'tarty' in the office environment. Applies smoother than 'Don't Touch my Tutu'. Here is two coats. 


Pirouette My Whistle is probably my best pick from this entire collection. It contains silver shaded hexagonal shaped glitter with mini glitters on a clear base, giving a lovely feminine touch to the ring finger. I suggest that you pick this in the full size bottle if you're considering anything from this collection.

I really love these mini versions. They make experimenting fun and safe, especially as it takes very little room and you don't need to shell out quite as much to try different shades. 

5 comments:

~ Claire ~ said...

So soft and subtle! I really like the glitter n/p, I am kinda experimenting with colour mixing, glitter etc. now, so much fun!

Beauty on a College budget said...

I'm not a fan of sheer polishes due to hanging longer nails and hating the nail line showing through. So the only polish I think I'm gonna try is Pirouette My Whistle because it's so pretty! It will be going on my lists of polishes to buy!

memoiselle said...

My fave combination from this collection is My Pointe Exactly and Pirouette My Whistle! It looks natura; yet gorgeous :)

memoiselle said...

My favorite combination from this collection os My Pointe Exactly and Don't Touch My Tutu. It looks unusual yet so nice :)

Fenny Yolanda said...

awww those are look so pretty on u :)
This edition is just very girlly too me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...