June 30, 2012

Frederic Malle Iris Poudre


All Frederic Malle's fragrances are fabulous and Iris Poudre is no exception. Pierre Bourdon, a Parisian perfumer known for coming up the household name of Davidoff Cool Water, collaborated with the Frederic Malle fragrance house to come up with exquisite blend of Iris Poudre. 


I'm not generally a floral person as such, often scents like these are too soapy and detergent-like. My nose tends to prefer the slight musky, spicy and plenty of vanilla. I am particularly fond of winter-scents, i.e. Serge Lutens Tuberose Criminelle, Thierry Mugler Angel, to name a few. During the summer, I keep things quite simple with Jo Malone colognes. 

So Iris Poudre is no walk in the park. I consider it a scent you would wear on the slightly cooler temperatures; i.e. Autumn or Spring. It opens fresh and floral, but the woods, powder and vanilla comes through as it dries down. Vintage, deep, smooth, sensual and extremely cosy. There's a small story it wants to tell you, but it does so silently with a strong feminine presence. Sometimes it disappears, then it reemerges again, delighting the senses softly. 


Sillage is good, lasting about 5-6 hours of summer wear. It was love at first sniff for me, and I had picked this up during my last visit to London Liberty. This is my second bottle of Frederic Malle, and I know that I will be collecting more soon. 


Do you own anything Frederic Malle? What fragrances do you love?

3 comments:

Maria said...

i adore his En Passant. Great perfume.
not his actually, it's by Olivia Giacobetti, but you know what i mean.

i was given several samples of Malle's perfumes after i got the bottle of En Passant and i can't say i liked them. so much i like En Passant, and so indifferent i am about other perfumes from Malle collection...

Tracy said...

Hi Maria, En Passant - this is something I need to try. It's quite overwhelming to sample FM. I was at his counter trying on about 5, and my nose only remembered Iris Poudre. Are there any fragrance houses you're fond of? Always on a look out for the next best niche fragrance line.

Maria said...

i think you need to check Diptique. there is Ofresia and Phylosikos - both created by Olivia Giacobetti. So if you like En passant you will deffinitly like those two by Diptique. i'd had them all (not at once of course) and only after i found out that they were created by the same person.
i also like Acqua di Parma magnolia nobile, but they have some other perfumes - so you might like something else. Try Blu meditteraneo line by Acqua - it's good for a summer - fresh and light.
what else.... i don't know if you have Etro perfumes there - they are much heavier, i like them for the winter, but they are rather "strange" if you know what i mean :)
there are many interesting perfumes by Artisan and Annick Goutal but you need to check them yourself, because all Goutal perfumes last on me not more than 10 min for example, while my mom loves them and feels them all day long :)

but in any case, En Passant is definitely the perfume to try. you can't miss it ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...