June 3, 2012

FOTD - Guerlain by Emilo Pucci: Meteorites Perles D'Azur

By now, you would have seen many bloggers reviewing the various items from the Guerlain by Emilo Pucci Collection. If you haven't already, head over to Rouge Deluxe, Cafe Makeup and Indigo Kir Royale to read more of their thoughts on the Guerlain Meteorites in Perles D'Azur. If you have picked up anything from this collection, please feel free to add your blog links in the comment box below!


Guerlain's collaboration with Emilo Pucci this summer is an ingenius idea. Emilo Pucci is known for her beautiful silk scarves, printed in geometric prints and kaleidoscope of colours. Both Oliver Echaudemaison and Laudomia Pucci drew inspiration of the colours froms the beautiful Italian beaches, represented with various shades of aqua and blue. The packaging of this year's Guerlain meteorites plus the addition of turquoise balls makes this item an absolute must-have.


There are a total of six different shaded balls - each blended to correct and illuminate your complexion after base makeup. I used the Shu Uemura red bristled brush in 18R to swirl the beads around to grab different coloured pigments.


The shades of the balls this time round is clearly differentiated - some deposit more shimmer than others, and some having a clear coloured effect. However, together you will not see these individual shades of colour - in fact, the meteorites are designed to be an overall face powder and illuminator.


I personally love each and every ball this time round. The orange and turquoise bead makes this particular release very interesting compared to previous Guerlain meteorite releases.




What you see above is clearly too much product for a single application. Although each bead is not meant to be crushed, you can definitely find deposits on the bottom of the container.


Guerlain meteorites are almost impossible to photograph. What you do see is a lovely illuminating effect, with some sparkle, although not much. Some of Guerlain's previous releases are less shimmery than the Perles D'Azur, however, I personally do not find the shimmer to be too much. When applied to my face, it's only noticeable under direct sunlight.


Above, you will see the swatch with flash.


All the swatches together once again under natural light.

Now, I'll show you how the Guerlain Meteorites Perles D'Azur looks on me in an FOTD. First up, here's me with just foundation alone. I've applied a thin layer of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation on top of Illamasqua Satin Primer. My skin has some sallowness and uneven patches and the foundation does an excellent job to cover that.


After brushing on a generous amount of Guerlain Meteorites in Perles D'Azur, I noticed an immediate brightening effect to my right cheek (left side of the photograph).


Now applying to both sides of my face. The effect is marginal and very subtle. It's very hard to capture in photographs - but trust me, I did notice a more brightened look. And I LOVE it!


I brushed on my new favorite Burberry Light Glow Blush in Peony, which blends seamlessly into my skin and adds on to the whole brightened complexion. On my eyes, I have on Lunasol 3D Eyes in Deep Beige - especially loving the beige taupe shade and then smoothing on some of the darker liner shade on the lash line. This palette is the perfect daytime smokey eye, and extremely versatile.


I lined my lashline with Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Caviar Ink, and waterlined my eyes with Chanel Stylo Yeux in Black Shimmer. And completed the look with a single coat of MUFE Aqua Eyes Mascara.




All the makeup I used for today's look.


In summary, I really really love the Guerlain Meteorites in Perles D'Azur. It's a piece of art and such a luxury to use. I'm thinking of picking another one up for my mum. It makes the perfect gift for anyone who loves art or beautiful things.


6 comments:

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said...

GORGEOUS!!! You really captured the difference the meteorites make!
And I love that Burberry Blush! I have Russet and Cameo, but Peony will be next now!

Tracy said...

Hi Tracy! Thank you! It wasn't easy to photograph as it's very subtle. Peony is gorgeous! I'm tempted to acquire a few other Burberry colours as well - like Earthy and Blossum.

Chris El @ MyFashionTrendencies said...

Thanks Tracy for the swatches!

Makeup Magpie said...

Lovely look! Peony was the first Burberry Blush I purchased and I love it. Great macro photos of the meteorites :)

memoiselle said...

I love your lip color so much!!

Sarah S. said...

This look is so fresh and pretty. You look really good w/out other things than foundation, too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...