June 5, 2012

FOTD featuring Burberry Porcelain, Midnight Brown & Taupe Brown

Hi everyone! How's your week been so far? Today is the last public holiday (until Christmas) here in Denmark, and it's been rather lazy and unproductive for me. I'm dreading tomorrow and the day after as I'll be needing to wake up super early to attend conference calls, and then writing a heap of reports (which nobody bloody reads so why even bother?!).

Anyway, on my last trip to London, I picked up a bunch of Burberry eyeshadows and building on my current collection. I love Burberry cosmetics - especially their eyeshadows. Burberry Porcelain has been my go-to shade for work. I brush this on as an all over wash of colour on my lids, line and blend the crease with Burberry Taupe Brown, pop a bit of mascara, and that's pretty much it. Easy peasy.

I wanted to show you how beautiful this trio is.


Taupe Brown is a perfect crease colour - it's matte but glides on beautifully without interfering with your main lid colour. It's a lovely sable brown that leans cool.

Porcelain is that lovely light champagne ivory colour, perfect for brushing on the lid and up to the brow bone and giving you that lovely inlit glow. Love it.

Everyone knows midnight brown - this is the classic warm toned brown with flecks of shimmer.


The texture of these shadows are phenomenal - nothing compares to this. Sadly all my MAC eyeshadows are ignored because of the superior quality you get from Burberry eyeshadows. Even my the famous Urban Decay Naked Palette is unused.


And what you swatch is what you get. Lovely on swatches, and lovely on the lids.




On my cheeks I have on Benefit Coralista and a very thin veil of Nars Luxor Multiple. It's been some time since I've used Benefit Coralista, and I can see why I used to love it. Tell me, why do I keep on buying new blushes when I have already own some fantastic products?!


On my lips I have MAC Cremesheen Glass in Just Superb. I'm surprised I don't have more of these; they feel very moisturising on my lips. It's definitely a first for MAC lip gloss product.  


And here's all the products I used for today's look. Hello Guerlain Perles D'Azur! Did I tell you that I really really love swirling you around? :-D 


Do you own any Burberry eyeshadows? Which ones have become your daily staples?

Thanks for dropping by!

10 comments:

Larie said...

That's a really lovely natural look! I want to buy a Burberry shadow at some point, but haven't decided which ones, haha.

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love the eyeshadows on you, especially the taupe color. Your makeup is so office friendly because it's soft but it still says a lot. The blush is gorgeous! Coralista is one of those blushes that's perfect for light skintones like yourself =) Love it! Enjoy your holiday while you can!

memoiselle said...

My favorite is Burberry Taupe Brown!! You made those 3 colors look gorgeous yet natural! Your skin is glowy and I like it :) Pretty Tracy!

memoiselle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy@Beauty Reflections said...

Just gorgeous Tracy!! You look beautiful! I love Burberry too! My favourite brand hands down.

Jacqueline said...

Okay that's it, I'm getting Taupe Brown too. You enabler you. Your fotd is gorgeous especially your eyes, I want to do that too.

Rei said...

Beautiful FOTD - so fresh and young :-) Burberry eye shadows are to die for, and you have featured three of my all time favorite neutral shades! They are indeed the perfect trio.

~ Claire ~ said...

Tracy, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, you deserve to be mentioned <3

http://aucuparia-brumalis.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog.html

Red lips, Black hair said...

I loooooove Burberry e/s! They're so silky soft!

Chaitea said...

Ooh this great review makes me want to try Burberry eyeshadows
I really like the Burberry Porcelain and Midnight Brown shades. They're so pretty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...