May 10, 2012

Summertime de Chanel 2012

First, I want to thank you for participating in my blog sale. It came to me as an epitome one day that I just had too much makeup, and I needed to part with the things that haven't used. Remember, you can always click on my blogsale page above or here, if you're interested in something or want to simply browse. 

I had my heart set on getting the whole collection from Chanel's latest offerings, but I managed to curb most of my temptations. I'm very content on what I managed to pick up today, and I may consider picking up Delight. A nagging feeling tells me that Revlon will release a close dupe. You can view swatches on my previous post here.



Pick up one of the bronzers - Sable Rose for NC25 and darker or Sable Beige for NC20 and lighter.

Truth be told, I wanted to pick up two of the bronzers because they looked unique enough. But surprisingly, when I returned to the store, I found Sable Beige to be very light... to the point of my rather heavy swatch being hardly noticeable on my NC 25 skintone. And, I wasn't sure if I wanted another bronzer that looked similar to Chanel's Bronze Rose bronzer from last year's collection. However, considering the significant dent I've created on my existing bronzer, it was safe to presume that I will equally (if not more) love Sable Rose







Sable Emouvant can be worn all year round, pick this one up too!

If there is one item that proves to be an all year classic would be the Sable Emouvant. The texture is beautifully creamy and applies as a satin finish. The beige shade gives a soft illuminating sheen to the eyelids and the brown can be used close to lash line or crease. You can create a work-friendly soft daytime look just using Brun Intense or Chanel Espresso Stylo Yeux eyeliners with this eyeshadow duo. Brun Intense, although limited edition, is a very close shade to Espresso. 




This time, Chanel lip products are not impressive, except for Calypso Glossimer.

Usually Chanel releases some beautiful lip shades, but unfortunately both Rouge Coco Shines Empreinte and En Vogue did not stir any excitement for me. Siricco Glossimer is transparent, and almost pointless as a gloss. Chanel didn't do quite so well for the lip section of the collection... Calypso on the other hand is pigmented and oh so vibrant! Compared to Dior Ultra-Gloss Flash in Orange Pareo from the Croisette collection, Chanel Calypso is distinctly different, with a much red tone. Both Dior and Chanel glossimers are must-have for the summer season, in my personal opinion.



Holiday, Delight and Island are hard to pass up but if you had to choose one, go for Delight.

And for Peche Cuirve, you can create the same effect by apply a wet eyeliner brush to one of your equivalent champagne eyeshadow or Benefit RSVP Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow

That summarises my thoughts on Chanel 2012 collection. I think it's a wonderful collection, and it gets even harder year after year to resist Chanel.

More FOTDs to come!


12 comments:

Sarah S. said...

I love benefit RSVP, too :) I manage to resist Chanel quite a lot because I buy too many really bright colors I never wear ^.^

Nawi said...

Hi, I love these products from the Chanel summer collection I purchused them too aswell as the beige sable bronzer I am a chanel 30 and it gives my skin a beautiful healthy looking golden glow. I agree that calypso and Dior orange pareo are must haves for the summer and very wearable for ladies who normally cannot do orange (myself including) I own the espresso eyeliner did not purchuse brun intens at first but I could not smudge the waterproof one and I am glad that I got the brun intense, got the peche eyeliner as well and to like it to use in the corner of my eyes. Thanks for posting!

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Hi Tracy :D The bronzers do look very unique. I recently acquired some new Chanel bronzers as well... they are in the circular pans. Delight is indeed nice :)

Jacqueline said...

Great haul Tracy. If Sable Beige is too light you, it must be for me too. I intend to get Sable Rose and the duo too. I look forward to seeing swatches and an eye look.

memoiselle said...

Hi Tracy, the bronzer is a good pick for summer 2012. How do you compare this to Dior's? Sable Emouvant is a true classic, I agree with you :)

Miaka said...

Sable Emouvant is calling outto me, lol. i can't believe that i am not attracted to the bronzer in any way.

Tracy said...

Hi Nawi, thanks for sharing what you picked up! Always love to know what people love. You're probably right about Brun Intense - a brown smouldered look is very beautiful. I was close to buying both liners, but thought that I had something in my stash that's very close!

Tracy said...

Hi Jen! I was searching my memory, trying to remember if I had ever seen circular Chanel bronzers... I don't recall?

Tracy said...

Hi Memoiselle, Dior Sunlight bronzer tends to be slightly more oranged tone, whilst Chanel is more pinky bronze. A comparison post will be posted over the weekend :-)

Tracy said...

Hi Miaka, when you have the Bobbi Brown bronzing brush and a lovely shade of bronzer, it gives your skin that natural hint of colour... Ask to have it applied on to see how it looks!

Tracy said...

Hi Jacqueline, for sure! Can't wait to play with Sable Emouvant over the weekend.

Sharleena Bramley said...

Oh, these are just gorgeous - falling in love with them all!!

Sharleena xx
markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com.au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...