May 17, 2012

Summer Pop with Chanel Calypso Glossimer


Chanel Calypso Glossimer is as 'summer' as you can get from all of the summer collections this year. I consider it the perfect pop of coral orange, with a hint of golden shimmer infused throughout. If you have missed out the infamous Sable Emouvant Contraste Duo Eyeshadow, you may want to pick this glossimer up. It's beautiful and wearable for daily use.


It's definitely a lipgloss outside my usual comfort zone; I have too many pink lipglosses for the life of me. Orange lipglosses? Not many. As you can see, Chanel Calypso leans more towards a tangerine orange with a hint of coral, rather than a straight orange. It's definitely warm, but not overly so. 


Even compared to D&G Sunset, the shade is more pigmented. I could wear Calypso on my lips without a lipstick underneath. And for anyone who's familiar with the glossimer textures, it glides on beautifully without that sticky feeling as those of MAC lipglasses. It has good wear, with up to 3 hours, leaving a hint of micro shimmer on the lips after eating or drinking. 


On my lips, Calypso reads more red than orange. And you could even make it slightly more pink tone if you wore a pink lipstick underneath. But why should you? It's gorgeous on its own! 



Don't hesitate because this beauty will be gone in a snap, if isn't already. I heard that Sable Emouvant is sold out in Takashimya, Singapore. Although, more counters will be releasing this collection soon.

I am really in love with Chanel's summer collection this year. There's just something for everyone!

All the products I used for today's look:


Base Makeup
1. Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
3. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Medium
4. Dior Healthy Glow Summer Powder Aurora 2011
5. Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Illumination 008 (mixed into the foundation for a glowy look)
6. Diornude Skin Perfecting Hydating Concealer (cover dark circles)
7. Urban Decay Primer Potion

Point Makeup
8. Chanel Contraste Duo Sable Emouvant (the ivory shade to blend the harsh lines)
9. GA Eyes to Kill #1 (base eyeshadow)
10. Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Taupe Brown (on the lash line)
11. Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Porcelain (inner corners of the eyes)
12. Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil in Seal Brown
13. Chanel Inimitable Intense Black
(ignore 14! Not sure why it's there!)
15. Chanel Glossimer in Calypso

Other news; thank you all for your kind comments in my last post. Things are improving slightly with work. I will have more news in the next few weeks on my prospects of living here in Denmark, or relocating to another country. 

I hope you're having a wonderful week!

12 comments:

memoiselle said...

Tracy, bright lip color really suits you. You have a good skin so it looks flattering on you. I think this orange is very nice; it's not too orange and still holds a red shade inside. :)

Tracy said...

Thank you, memoiselle! It's Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation that makes my skin flawless everytime.

Sarah S. said...

This look is so cute and Summery!

Tracy said...

Thank you, Sarah! :-)

~ Claire ~ said...

I think this is one of my favourite FOTDs from you. I really like the eye-cheek-lip contrast a lot here, your skin is perfect! I love the colour of calypso, I hope chanel will have some more corals or corally red lipglosses soon <3

Tracy said...

Thank you, Claire! Your comment made my day! Coral reds are necessary additions to the lip wardrobe.

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous Tracy! I am not a lip gloss girl per se but if I were to pick up one Calypso would be it. Such a pretty colour. I tried glossimers in the past and love the texture and the shimmer. The fotd is beautiful, now I must have the Chanel duo.

ChrisEl said...

That color looks gorgeous on you!

Chris
myfashiontrendencies.blogspot.com

Lilladylife said...

this seems to be one of the hit products of the summer collection! thanks for sharing it looks great for summer!!

Maria said...

WOW! this is a really cool color! maybe i will even buy my very first chanel lip gloss? :)

Tracy said...

@Jacqueline: Yes to the Chanel Duo! Yes also to the Calypso glossimer!

@ChrisEI: Thank you!

@Lilladylife: Absolutely! There's too many lovely things from all the summer collections lately.

@Maria: If this is your first glossimer, then you in for trouble :-)

Shelnmum said...

This is so pretty! I have not purchase any Chanel lip glosses but I may go look at look at this one!:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...