May 1, 2012

Hairworks by Shu Uemura Art of Hair Essence Absolue

For the whole past year, I have been extremely disappointed with my hair. It was fried from my previous dye jobs, perm jobs, straightening jobs, and to the point where chopping off my tresses was the only choice. I have gone back to black hair with 2 salon dyes - with the last coloring done in August last year. And since December 2010, I stopped doing chemical processing on my hair. As a result of patience and hard hairwork, I have finally achieved a level of hair satisfaction. 

In desperation to seek healthier hair, I've used a bunch of high-end hair masks, hair oils, hair treatments. I've used so many products that it's hard to pinpoint the exact product that saved my hair's life. The few products that I used regularly on an everyday basis were the Kerastase 'Thermique' products and Morroccan hair oils. 

Morroccanoil is my sister's favourite product for her gorgeous tresses. For me, it gave my hair shine and protection against the hairdryer, however, it fell short in making my hair feel silky. It seems to have lost its effect after some time, and the only way to give it a slight boost is to use an 'anti-residue' shampoo. At times, my hair would appear to be 'stringy' and 'flat', where clumps of hair will bundle together. This usually occurs when I let my hair dry naturally. And finally, I concluded that Morrocanoil was a little too heavy for my hair, especially now as my hair is longer and my scalp is ageing (getting weaker as a result!). 




I only managed to realise Morrocanoil's shortfall after using Shu Uemura's Essence Absolue. In comparison, it's much lighter and runnier, smells absolutely divine. and leaves my hair incredibly soft and not weighed down. I had no problems with stringy hair on days where I leave my hair to dry naturally, and looks even more stunning after a quick blowdry.





It claims to work on dry, frizzy hair and provides 'nutrition', with camelia oil. I double up the heat protection with Kerastase Ciment Thermique, prior to blowdrying. 




You can use the Shu Uemura Essence Absolue in two ways; either as a leave-in (my main use), or as a pre-shampoo. Given that it's a expensive bottle, I only use this as a leave-in treatment after shampooing.  I purchased mine from Lookfantastic.com, which provides free shipping worldwide. They only have the travel version 30mLs at the moment, but believe they will be stocking up. 

I hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday! It's a public holiday here in Denmark and the sun is shining so beautifully! 

2 comments:

~ Claire ~ said...

I have this oil as well and love it. it doesn't do much for my already dry hair (I mean, it doesn't repair it but helps to maintain it and it looks healthier and smoother). I love the smell! I couldn't choose between this and kerastase - both are staples in my haircare routine.

markedbeautyblog said...

Oh wow, this looks like it would be a great product! I seem to find that moroccan oil is a bit too heavy for my hair as well!

Sharleena xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...