May 5, 2012

Finished Products for the Month of April



5 products done for the month of April - albeit small, it was a nice accomplishment considering how quickly I am accumulating new products!

1. Neutrogena Shampoo - I bought this from the US last year, after realising that J&J products are non-existent in Scandanavia. This shampoo pretty much removes all the product build up (i.e. styling products, hair creams, conditioners, etc), and allows your other shampoos/conditioners to work more effectively. I used this shampoo on a weekly basis, and found it somewhat effective. It did make my hair feel dry, so I stopped using it after a while. Redken Cleansing Creme Shampoo is an excellent alternative.

2. Lancome Hypnose Mascara - a favorite of mine. I've used this since July last year, and even though it's way pass the 3-month 'expiry' date, I don't have the heart to throw this away! I've used this almost in every FOTD, everyday, and still notice a decent amount of product remaining. I always have volumized and lengthened lashes with this mascara, with no signs of clumping. Absolute gem!

3. Shu Uemura Lip Principe - I'm declaring this as the most horrendous lip balm or lip serum ever. I've had this since my Roaccutane days, and did nothing to soothe the dry chapped lips. I see they have discontinued this. If I'm not wrong, I paid $40 for this worthless 'lip cream'. It leaves an obvious white tinted cream around my lips, therefore, rendering it only to be used at night. I should have saved that cash, and just used Nivea products instead.

4. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer oil free - it really depends what your main purpose is for using a primer. If you're wanting longevity to your foundation, or correction to any uneven patches, then the LM primer will not do much for those specific needs. It does however give your skin some lightweight hydration and allows the foundation to apply more 'evenly'. I won't repurchase this, simply because I've found better primers after.

What have you finished lately that you love/hate?

2 comments:

~ Claire ~ said...

I am always happy to see someone has finished a mascara, lol. I find it hard (eventhough I use it almost regularly). it dries out before I even used it up (most of teh time) - doesn that count? :] I agree on LM primer with you. I kinda feel like it's a nice product but there are definetly better options out there.

Sarah S. said...

Hypnose is a wonderful mascara. Thank you for the warning about the shiseido lip product :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...