April 4, 2012

Reliable travel makeup

Over the years of frequent travel, I have learnt to pack the things that I absolutely need. Often I have travelled without anything but toothpaste, toothbrush, daily contact lenses and mini travel sizes of skincare. All within 100mL limits so I wouldn't need to wait in line to check in luggage. 

My boyfriend and I are off to Berlin tonight, just an hour away from Copenhagen. This is officially my easter break and a good opportunity to visit a few world heritage museums. Today's short post is just a snapshot of what I'm bringing with me on the trip. 


I keep everything stored in this roomy makeup bag from Paul & Joe. I love all of Paul & Joe's makeup bags and have a small collection of them. Sometimes it just takes this GWP to make me go crazy with my spending limits at the store. 


So here's a mish mash of all sorts of boring things that I usually toss into the bag at the last minute. 


My strategy when packing is to avoid the need for makeup brushes, so what you see here is a bunch of cream products and palettes with brushes. 

I'll like to make special mention of Becca Creme Blush in Turkish Rose (to the far bottom right). This little gem may look boring on pan, but gives the illusion of healthy cheeks. I've had this for years now, but don't have the heart to toss it out. It's really a beautiful creme blush and its formulation is supremely creamy and divine. 

I also have been particularly enjoying the Chanel 4 Facettes Bronzing Powder in 547 Bronze Rose. This was released last summer, and I have been using it constantly over Dior Aurora. The brush that comes with the bronzer is fairly soft and full, making it a perfect travel companion. 

So when I have packed all that I think will be necessary to keep me happy for the next few days, I zip it up and try hard to not reopen it until I arrive at my destination. Because when I do, new things emerge - as you can see below; Flowerbomb and 2 lipglosses. 


Happy Easter everybody! I will post pictures of Berlin when I'm back! 


4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I love your cute makeup bag! I try to leave out my brushes but darn it is hard. Have a great trip!

Maria said...

i like the way you pack make up\skincare - it's close to mine
i also take small bottles of everything and minimum of makeup :)

i also love this perfume, i had it some years ago - it's wonderful!

have a nice time in Berlin!

markedbeautyblog said...

Oh wow! You're definitely a better packer than I am!!

Sharleena xx

~ Claire ~ said...

oh, everytime I see this chanel bronzer, I regret not getting it :D it's so hard for me to choose products for travelling *sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...