April 13, 2012

Ramble: Copenhagen streets & Imperfection

I thought of doing a rather random post today, assembling some of the iPhone shots I take on the go. Some of you had asked me to take more pictures of Copenhagen.

Well, last night I went to my 90 minute hot yoga, something that I desperately missed doing. My studio is tucked in a small alley, situated at a rather hippie area of Copenhagen called Chrisitianhavn. Most of the inner city has lovely cobbled stone pathways, which you will see here! Comfortable walking shoes are suggested!

What's so charming about Copenhagen is its irregularity. Nothing here is 'perfect'. The Danes rather spend a couple of kroners more for the same piece of bread that is irregularly shaped. The more ugly and irregular the bread, the better!


I don't usually share my personal life on my blog very much, only because I know that some of you are here to read my reviews and looks using certain beauty products. But I'm starting to feel that blogs that interest me are those that add a personal flavour. Slowly you will start to see more of 'me' in some of my posts, and if you're bored, you are most welcome to click away.

Today's ramble of the day is 'imperfection'. Try to discuss the topic of imperfection to a perfectionist, and you get some form of chaos. That's me.

Sometimes we go through the daily motions, doing a million-and-one things but not actually realising why we're doing it. Once in a while, something happens, and you start thinking of why you react in certain ways. And, trust me, I have plenty of situations where I would berate myself for not handling it better. I.e. I may say the wrong things, or hurt peoples feelings unintentionally, or behave unreasonably. I'm not saying that it is ok to do these things, but there's only so much I can do to manage my reactions. (some people are better at this!) And often, I spend lots of time thinking and regretting for the things I say.

And you know what's funny? Everyone else has moved on and I'm still thinking about it!

I learnt over these years that imperfection is really my form of perfection. The journey of self-acceptance is that very process of life. And I just wanted to say as well, I am sincerely grateful for my family and friends who continue to smile and accept my flaws even through I may have upsetted them in the past.

I hope you have a lovely Friday!

10 comments:

markedbeautyblog said...

Oh wow, gorgeous pictures! xx

Sarah S. said...

I think this was a really interesting post! As a reader I do like a bit of everything :) Copenhagen is beautiful! And it is because of the imperfections. Perfection is boring :D

ChrisEl said...

So gorgeous! Sort of reminds me of the buildings in Amsterdam. I'd love to visit Copenhagen. Great pics!

Maria said...

this is very interesting Tracy! i understand your wish to keep private things out of the blog, i totally agree with it. But you live in such an intersting city and i guess everyone of us - your readers - will find something new in such reviews. I know much better the south of europe, i have never been in Danmark.
and in fact i'm really very curious about your life in the country which is new for you in a way... because when i think about the possibility of moving to anothe country, i'm just scared :) so yes... i really love this post, and i hope it won't be the last one with such a topic :)

Haru said...

I also have a habit of over-dwelling on things, and re-running conversations in my head ad nauseum wishing I could have said something or reacted differently.

Thanks for sharing bits of your personal life, I always enjoy reading more about the person behind the beauty reviews!

effloresce said...

Thanks for the lovely pics! I admit I'm much more of an avid fan of more 'lifestyle' blogs. It really adds something to feel like you know a bit more about the person. I'd love to keep reading more :)

Sara Kye said...

I get what you mean! Some times I say something wrong and can't stop thinking about or sometimes it may not be wrong but I read too much into it and think it is. Either ways, I guess that makes us who we are!

Thanks for sharing these lovely photos!

Rola said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of your everyday life, I would love to visit Denmark one day:)

a p r i l said...

As one of those who requested more life-in-Denmark posts, I really appreciate this post! I'm going to Copenhagen this summer for vacation and these pictures make me so excited :) Thanks! xx

Tracy said...

Hi April, Thats fantastic! You're going to love Copenhagen during the summer. Make sure you visit the street music festivals during that time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...