April 2, 2012

Finished products for the month of March


This month I managed to finish a number of products lying around in my bathroom and vanity, grand totaling up to 14 products! I consider this a major success, and only makes me even more motivated to finish up all the redundant things I have in the apartment. You wouldn't believe how much room I have freed up as a result, making me less guilty of a beauty hoarder. I'm even recording all the things that I will be committed to finish or will use regularly on pen and paper.

So lets see what I have in the breakdown, shall we?

++ Skincare ++

1. Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme
For dry skin. I love this cream, and will repurchase. It took me a few months to finish this. Find my thoughts about it here.

2. Diorsnow White Reveal Gentle Purifying Foam
A non-stripping cleanser and gives my skin the light radiance. I use this cleanser during the winter months as it is gentler than the IPSA Smooth Cleansing Foam. This is my second tube and will repurchase when I'm near Asian counters. I have reviewed this here.

3. IPSA Smooth Cleansing Foam
My HG cleanser. I bought 3 backups when I was last in Singapore. It lathers extremely well and has a great citrus scent. It's cheaper than Chanel and Dior, so I squeeze generously each time. Find my thoughts about it here.


++ Haircare ++



4. Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy - Keratin Care Shampoo
This is my first time using Cappola products and Keratin haircare. I bought this during my Easter trip to NYC last year, desperately needing something to smooth my fried ends after to a terrible perm job. But I only begun using it towards the end of the year, and admittedly found it gentle to use. I wash my hair daily (long time habit) as I hate second-day flat hair. But I found that it didin't give my hair the needed volume, and instead did quite the opposite. So I wouldn't consider repurchasing this because I have had better experiences with Kerastase and Redken shampoos.

5. John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Organic products are all the rave here in Scandanavia. I'm not quite sure why, but this product was amongst the many organic haircare stocked here. I picked this up as I was needing a lightweight conditioner, and  enjoyed using it. It can be used as a leave in conditioner, and leaves a lovely citrusy essential-oils scent. I may consider repuchasing this.

6. Kerastase Ciment Thermique
I have been using daily for a few months now, applying it to damp hair after a shower. This in combination with the Moroccanoil gives my hair this beautiful softness and healthy shine. The trick to this product is to blowdry, as the serum is heat activated and performs better. It serves as a heat protectent and additional conditioner to the hair. I am already on to my second tube of this.

7. Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner
I was given two samples of this conditioner from Watsons, and thought of giving this a go. Call me a haircare snob, but I don't usually have high expectations to drugstore haircare. I heard too many stories of the silicone-loaded Pantene products and hairloss as a result. However, I was quite surprised at the smoothness of my hair after using this conditioner, partly due to the silicones again. I confess that this is so much better than Aussie haircare products, which made me shed by the millions! 

8. Morrocanoil 
This bottle has lasted me for more than a year now! It gives my hair that lovely sheen and doesn't leave a greasy residue on my pillow. An anti-residue shampoo once a week is recommended because it does build up. See my review of it here.


++ Bodycare ++


9. LUSH Sympathy for the skin
It surprised me initially when I saw that it contains small vanila pods in the lotion. It smells alot better than the LUSH dream cream (smells rather herbalish). I wouldn't consider it that sympathetic to my skin, because there were a few times my skin was itching terribly due to the dryness. If I remember correctly, it was not cheap. Will not repurchase!

10. Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy
I have this is the mini-size of 25g, and would squeeze a generous amount to my hands every day at work. 25g doesn't go very far, unlike L'occitane or Jurlique products. Crabtree & Evelyn handcreams tend to be lighter. It sinks into my skin easily and enjoyed using this. I have a number of other Crabtree & Evelyn handcreams and I'm working through them slowly!


++ Makeup ++


11. OPI Rumple's Wiggin'
This particular nailpolish was induced after a shopping trip with dear friend, R. I wore this week after week. It's a fool-proof shade, and even my colleague had thought that I went for a professional manicure! See swatches of it here. Now, it's so dried up, that I can't even twist the lid open! Time to go!

12. Seche Vite Top Coat
The amazing thing about Seche Vite is its' ability to hide flaws and mistakes with your paintjob. I paint this over slightly damp nailpolish and then it dries within a minute. This second benefit makes this topcoat so legendry! (I just hate sitting around waiting for paint to dry). The bad thing is that it thickens up significantly when you're just about a quarter way through the bottle. It's impossible to dilute even with any form of specific diluent. It's easier to toss and repurchase a new bottle. They are not expensive either and works even better than many of the other higher end top coats; Chanel and Dior.

13. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in PK316
Ring the bells! I finished a lipstick finally! It has been too long since I've completed any lip products. So I made a conscientious effort to finish one. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong lippie to finish because this gave me unbearable dryness and flakiness. The colour is nice - sheer and glossy, see swatches of it on my lips here.  So, I searched high and low on blogosphere to figure out if this was inherently the formula's fault or whether it was just my dry sensitive lips. Literally... in a few minutes, my lips would be flaking and giving this unsightly look. Several times I had to use a tissue to wipe it off before meetings. What a hassle. But I went through it like a pro and I'm glad its gone!

14. Laniege Eyeliner (? description in korean!)
This is a cheat product - I didn't even use this product once and when I decided it was time. It was completely dried up. Sheesh. So out it goes!

That concludes my very long post! Time for a snack!

A espresso filled centre in the chocolate. How delightful! (bf returned back from Italy last night and brought back many nice Italian goodies. Yay!)


What have you finished lately? :-)

11 comments:

Maria said...

wow! so many things!
you know, i found your blog when looked for information about IPSA brand (i've got the sample of their foundation). so i think i need to try this cleanser also!

i don't collect empties, usually i'm so happy that immediately bring them to trash basket :) but within this week i guess i will finish my cleansing oil and eye cream

ok, now i will try to post this comment - don't know why but it always take me so much time to get approved in your blog :(

Tracy said...

Hi Maria, I started collecting empties because I realise I just had too many things lying around the apartment. And I really love doing this every month!

I apologise for not approving your comments promptly. I try to check back now and then even though i am not posting. But sometimes I forget!

Maria said...

no, Tracy, i didn't mean that you do not approve my comments!!!!! how could i!!!

it's just about those 2 words i need to type before posting :))) usually i don't have problems with it, but when i post a comment in your blog i alwaaaays type them in a wrong way :))) seems that I'm more robot here :)))))))

Miaka said...

Kudos to the completion of so many products!!! And why is it that you can complete a lipstick? I am still struggling...... *cry*

Tracy said...

Haha! It was unbelievably difficult to finish one. But as long as you get good use out of them, it's ok to have 10, 100 or 1000 lipsticks! (go get that Dior lippie you've been eyeing for!)

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Hi Tracy! I love reading your reviews. For some reason, I really think you have good taste in hair products so I am def taking you up on those recommendations :)

And to finish that many products! That is a huge success. Even if two of them were cheats ;) That's awesome!

Lilladylife said...

14 AMAZING job! loved reading all the lil mini reviews!!

Miaka said...

Which one do u think is better? Plaza or incognito???

Tracy said...

Hi Jen, I consider 3 of them cheats ;-) Thanks for your kind comments, and glad some of my recs worked out for you.

Tracy said...

Hi lilladylife, Thanks! I'm waiting for your March empties post too!

Tracy said...

Hi Miaka, Plaza is nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...