April 22, 2012

Distractions distractions from Chanel

Chanel has got me distracted lately - with its mysterious new Summer collection trickling into my google and YouTube feeds. I have been searching high and low online to find more details of prices and availability; scouting through Chanel links on Harrods, Selfridges, Saks, etc. Alas, there is no sign of the new collection yet - at least, not where I am. 


For now, I can keep myself distracted with the latest nail offerings from Chanel. I picked up one a few weeks back, called Chanel Distraction. The colour is suitable for summer in my opinion. It gives a nice pop of salmony pink with a jelly-like finish. Chanel nailpolish colours are hard to describe, because of it's chameleon-like effect under certain lighting and angles. Distraction is similar in that sense, which gives a hue of coral tangerine under bright sunlight. 


Upon closer observation, there are mini purple shimmer in the bottle. Unfortunately, the shimmer is not apparent on my nails.


The formula is lovely as always, and two coats achieves good opacity. Sabrina is right to say that Distraction is a lovable shade, and will look stunning on tanned skin. 


Thanks for looking! And I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday afternoon. 

8 comments:

markedbeautyblog said...

Chanel has been a bit of a distraction to me lately too! This is such a gorgeous shade, looks great!

Sharleena
markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com.au

Jacqueline said...

Your nails look so summery and very pretty!

Miss Delirium said...

That was a very pretty color!
Thanks for sharing, i wanna go buy that too! :D

blushbunny said...

nice colorssss 8D

~ Claire ~ said...

I have it as well and I was surprised how gel-like it felt. it's such a beautiful shade! I am very glad I got it. It was nearly impossible to get it - always sold out! the colour looks beautiful on your skintone. I can see some tiny (very tiny) sparkles under direct sunlight :D I am so into corals this year, so happy chanel released a beautiful one x

AngelicBetrayal said...

That nail color looks so pretty!

I just awarded you with a Blogger Appreciation Award here: http://angelicbb.blogspot.com/2012/04/blogger-appreciation-award.html :)

Tracy said...

Hi Claire, I agree... the jelly look is like gummy bears on the fingers. I love it! Didn't realise it would be sold out in most places. I'm lucky I pounced on it when I saw it in Berlin.

everbluec said...

This color look so nice against your skin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...