April 10, 2012

Berlin Beauty Hauling

We just got back from Berlin last night, completely exhausted but extremely satisfied from all that we did in 5 days of easter vacation. Not only did we see the spectacular museums and galleries, we also got to listen to fantastic classical concert at the Philharmonie.

If I had to live anywhere else in the world, I could consider Berlin as my next place. It's not quite as expensive as London, but offers just as much in terms of shopping, food and sights. Amazingly, just an hour away from Copenhagen, Berlin has prices that are reasonable (for once). A decent meal for two, costs as much as 39 euros in Berlin, compared to 80 euros here in Copenhagen. 

I definitely did my fair share of shopping, after a rather long makeup hiatus. 


I saw Chanel's distraction nail colour from thebeautylookbook, and had my heart set on picking it up on store. On my nails it appears coralish peach, and under certain lights it appears more of a tangerine orange. A beautiful shade in my opinion. 


I saw the new Dior Addict Extreme lipsticks, and was wondering what the whole fuss was about, and totally understand it now. It has moisturising qualities of a balm but feels glossy without being sticky on the lips. I picked up the shade in Incognito, since I lack quite a number of nudes in my lipstick stash. I have a feeling that I will be picking up a few more in this line. 

Also, I did very well in controlling myself to one shade of the YSL glossy stains. Surprisingly, I veered towards #12. The range is very intensely pigmented, and as much as I love bright lips, I can't pull it off at the office. #12 is exactly that. It's vibrant that I would only consider applying it on the weekends. Now get this, I wasn't a big fan of the tacky glossy feeling post application. I am on the fence, and will only be able to express my true thoughts after a few more applications. 


I also picked up a few French skincare items... lets see how it goes. More reviews of them coming soon.


Okay, teaser over. I bought Kiko cosmetics from Berlin. I was first introduced by this brand from Sophia at the Makeupblogette. She asked if they had Kiko in Copenhagen, leaving me quite puzzled to wonder why she wanted stationary! Only to my surprise that Kiko is in fact a cosmetics line. It's similar to polish brand, Inglot, with prices that are comparable to drugstore. Picture this, a small store packed with teenagers and tourists, blasting Berlin underground trance music. It was almost impossible to navigate around the massive array of eyeshadows, nail polishes, liners, lipglosses. Each eyeshadow was priced at 4-5 euros. Too good to be true. 



More reviews of my new goodies coming soon! I hope you had an excellent easter break!

7 comments:

blushbunny said...

The Dior lipstick seems good O:O: and maybe I should buy the YSL gloss too :p tempted!

Maria said...

you've bought so many things which i like! i'm a huge fan of caudalie and Kiko! :) i hope you will like them also!

and i'm in love with my Dior Extreme too!

Sarah S. said...

Looks like a great haul! Please do FOTD with the new stuff :)

~ Claire ~ said...

i am impressed by chanel distraction as well, such a unique colour - love it! caudalie is one of my fav beauty secrets, I hope you'll like your choices, I find them very good! never had a problem with them. enjoy your products <3

Jacqueline said...

Fab haul Tracy, I am looking forward to seeing your swatches and reading your reviews. I love the YSL glossy stains too, so nice.

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Sounds like you have a really awesome time in Berlin :) I had no idea it was less expensive than Copenhagen or London... Berlin sounds very expensive. I look forward to any reviews you have for the new skincare items you got. And the lip stain :D

Miaka said...

I want Chanel Distraction and Dior Incognito!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...