March 31, 2012

Soft biege lilacs with Lunasol Mysterious Beige

Last year I picked up three Lunasol eyeshadow palettes sight unseen. I used them for some occasions but not quite enough. Today's look features Lunasol 3D Eyes in Mysterious Beige that was released sometime last year for Autumn.




When it comes to Lunasol palettes, I prefer to use the sponge tip applicators. I'm quite lazy in washing them, so I generally try to keep each colour consistent on the sides of the applicators. This palette, unlike all that Lunasol has ever released, consists of 8 colours instead of the traditional 4. However, there is not much colour variation with the thinner stripes, so it defeats the purpose really.

I'm going through this phase lately; needing less pigmented eyeshadows and really keeping my looks low key. Once a upon a time, I loved greens and blues. Nowadays, I stick to the basics which includes mascara, a brown kohl eye pencil, and soft neutrals. Is this age or a result of work conservatism? Anyway, this palette serves well for those kind of days. At first I thought that Mysterious Beige will give me more of a purple look, but in reality, the lilac shade only adds a very soft gradient highlight. I wouldn't even consider this to be the centerpiece of the eyeshadow palette.  




And I must confess that after being spoilt with the butteriness and satin finishes of Burberry and Shu Uemura eyeshadows, the quality of Lunasol eyeshadows just does not compare. They apply nicely, but their texture is on the dry side. Also, Lunasol has this bad habit of including one shade in previous palette with a unpigmented glitter-o-horric shade. This time, Mysterious Beige does not have anything that too glittery. Although, you must always expect to have some fall out with any Lunasol palette. I don't know why... but it just seems to.








On my lips I have on Giorgio Armani Sheer Lipstick in Rose Coral 33. This applies on like a balm and is nicely hydrating on my rather sensitive dry lips. It's a nice change to have this lipstick into my bag, considering that my last really gave me extreme flakiness and dryness. I was on a mission to finish at least ONE lipstick, and unfortunately I just had to choose the wrong one. Well, that culprit is Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited PK316.  








Like the name suggests, it applies sheer, giving only a soft touch of colour to the lips.







And here's everything else that I used for today's look.



Thanks for reading and I hope you're enjoying your weekend! I just got back to the yoga studio today after a long hiatus and it feels like I have been resurrected! I'm looking forward to another few more days of vinyasa! Namaste. :-)



11 comments:

a p r i l said...

Hi Tracy! I stumbled across your blog while doing some research on Giorgio Armani foundation and couldn't stop reading your posts :) As a make up junkie myself, I found your reviews and posts very informative and interesting, and I really like the way you wear makeup; you look so fresh in every photo! I also feel lucky to be Asian (I'm Korean) 'cause I think I can associate more with you. Please keep up the good work!

ps. I'm also very jealous that you live in Denmark. I LOVE Scandinavian countries :) I hope you will share more about your life in Denmark with your readers if you'd like to :)

Popcorn said...

Ohhh, I dont own a Lunasol palette so I didnt know that their texture was mehhhh compared to the other very high end brands.

love the eye look! woahhh, your skin looks flawless. Im jealous.

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty Tracy, it is soft and feminine. I tried some Lunasol palettes but they aren't my cup of tea but it looks good on you. GAon the other hand I love, I love the lips.

Maria said...

love the lip color! and your skin looks amazing here - what did you use??

Tracy said...

Hi a p r i l, thanks for your kind words. I'm really happy you find the content interesting. Sure, I should take my camera out and take more pictures of Denmark. The days are becoming longer which makes it perfect to cycle around the city. Thanks for the idea! :-)

Tracy said...

Hi popcorn, at one stage I loved everything from Lunasol. But slowly you get to see brands that come up with better formulations and finishes. Still, I love eyeshadow palettes and I think Lunasol has some good palettes out there (i.e. beige beige). Thanks for your comment! The foundation used was Chanel Vitalumiere. good stuff!

Tracy said...

Hi Jacqueline, I must control myself when I'm at a GA counter next time! I can see myself picking up a few more lippies from them.

Tracy said...

Hi Maria, I used a combination of Laura Mercier primer, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, and Anna Sui pressed powder :-)

CAMILLA said...

great shades i love lunasol eyeshadow..
and that lipstick looks good on u

Tracy said...

Hi Camilla, I couldn't agree more with the lipstick. I can see myself wearing this everyday!

stopandthink said...

I love your blog posts and youtube videos. you are such a great inspiration (: and being an Asian I can relate to you v well too

dooey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...