March 18, 2012

OPI Holland Collection Haul & Swatches

I really did mean it when I said I was into nailpolishes lately. Not long ago, I picked up 5 of the Essie's Spring 2012 collection, and now I picked up another 8 from the OPI Holland Collection! It was very hard to put a restraining order on myself this time round. I desperately needed some brights, non-vampy, fun colours on my pinchers.

I'm sure you would have already seen swatches on Scrangie and The Polishaholic a while back. Unfortunately it takes a bit longer for Denmark to release new collections. I know, it's a pain but it helps me to select my colours without going too crazy. Nothing beats seeing the colours in store, even with excellent nailpolish blogs out there. Here is what I picked:




The names of the collection is brilliant! There's alot of cultural things in the Netherlands that is similar to Denmark - i.e. herrings is a popular fish dish, windmills sourcing 20% of all DK's energy supplies, cheeses, and bicycles! 




Four standout neutral, office-appropriate shades:

Did you 'ear about Van Gogh is a must have for creme nude-beige nailpolish hoarders. It hits a soft spot, like taupe eyeshadows. :-) It applies very well in two coats. 

Pedal Faster Suzi! is a light shimmery pink with lots of sparkle. As much as I love pinks, I find it harder to pull off pinks on my nails. I'm not sure why, but probably my skin tone just does not look quite so good with pinks. However, Pedal Faster Suzi is a demure pink and nothing garish at all with this shade. 




Gouda Gouda Two Shoes is the standout shade of the collection. It's unlike any other shade I've seen - almost borderlines with a orangey-brown and rose. The microshimmers look fabulous under the sun, and gives your nails such a beautiful dimension. 

Wooden Shoe Like to Know is a brown with shimmers like Gouda Gouda Two Shoes. This is gorgeous as well. 




And two green blues, my biggest weakness!

Thanks a Windmillion is described as sea green and is reminscent of the OPI Priates of the Carribean Mermaid Tears, but just a smidgen darker. I do not own OPI Mermaid's Tears, however The Polishaholic has swatch comparisons showing this. 

I Have a Herring Problem has the most obvious sparkle on top of a medium slate blue base. I had difficulty choosing between 'I don't give a Rotterdam', but I think I chose well. I pull off darker blue shades much easily. Somehow it reminds me of car varnish. 




No nailpolish haul is complete without some brights for the toes. Come summertime, I will be wearing brights more often, especially with sandels!

Kiss me on my tulips is very similar to Essie's Tour de Finance, but has a creme finish. I think I prefer the creme finish; it's cleaner and appears less teenage-tarty. haha!

A Roll in the Hague is a bright orange. This is a brilliant creme - it achieve opacity in a single coat. The name itself is reason to buy it - The International Criminal Court (ICC) is based there amongst many of the foreign embassies. A close friend of mine lives there now, and I'm planning to visit sometime in the near future. 



Have you picked up anything from the OPI Holland Collection? 

6 comments:

emmabovary said...

I Have A Herring Problem is really nice! I love the names of this range, I would purchase polishes based on the inclusion of the word 'gouda' any day!

Jess said...

Wow, what an amazing nail polish haul! I love every single color!

It's true, seeung the products in real in the store is always so much nicer!

Shelnmum said...

Hi Tracy
I went crazy on nail polishes recently too! I hauled close to 80 bottles in a matter of 2 1/2 months?! It's appalling! :P Most of my stash consists of Mavalas, I have about 25 of those :P And just this week, I ordered 8 bottles of Barry Ms :P I have to stop buying nail polishes now as there's no way I can finish using all of them in this year even if I wear two colours per week! :P

Maria said...

hi!
i have just found your blog and i like it a lot!
will be waiting for your updates!

Fenny Yolanda said...

Everything just so pretty ^^
I really like it

Xoxo,
http://ladies-homejournal.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

Hi Shelnmum, I hear ya! I realise that too. I try to vary up the colours every 2 days. There's never too many nailpolishes I think. :-) Only too little toenails and fingernails!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...