February 12, 2012

Valentines Rouge: YSL Rouge Pure Couture Rose Dahlia

I am a bit nonplussed about wearing bright pink lips on Valentines Day and I've been seeing a variety of looks of 'Valentines makeup' as you would every year. This morning I was reading Temptalia's post on wearing bright lips for the V-day, and in all honesty I would personally keep the bright lips for a more girly occasion out with the girlfriends rather than shock your dear half on your distracting lips. Just my opinion - use whatever makeup your man fancies, I suppose!

But if you so insist of having a more 'brighter' lip - may I suggest that YSL Rose Dahlia to be the very lipstick for a pleasant date night. It's very sheer and adds the lovely touch of flattering coral rose (almost tangerine I would say but with more rose). YSL Pur Coutures are very moisturising compared to YSL's older range of lipsticks - think YSL Rouge Purs and Rouge Voluptes. They glide on seamlessly having a smooth texture to the lips. 

Click here for my earlier post of Rose Dahlia. <--




Running through the makeup used today.



~*Point Makeup*~
  • Lips: YSL Rouge Pur Couture #17 Rose Dahlia
  • Eyeshadow: Guerlain Bal De Minuit 407
  • Eyeliner: MUFE Aqua Eyeliner 
  • Mascara: Hypnose Drama
  • Brows: Anastasia Dark Brown
~*Face Makeup*~
  • Primer: YSL Flash Radiance Skincare Brush
  • Foundation: IPSA Pure Protect Foundation 103
  • Powder: Guerlain Meteorites Perles D'or
  • Bronzer: Guerlain Terracotta Poudre des Sables

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty Tracy, I love that colour on your lips.

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Very pretty! I agree - wearing too pick is so distracting! I prefer a rosy color like yours :D

Janet said...

the shade is so pretty! it suits you very well!! so sweet and natural..lovely..^_^~

Makeup Magpie said...

Such a pretty shade, and it looks great on you! I'm tempted to get this one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...