February 13, 2012

Spring Yellows: Shu Uemura ME Yellow 300

My colleague at work had just told me that this morning's fog is a sign that Spring is almost here. Even though the pavements and roofs are still covered with a thin layer of snow, I feel inspired to feature some spring-related makeup looks using my older makeup. Today, I'm using Shu Uemura ME Yellow single eyeshadow as a my centrepiece. Shu Uemura has since revamped their formula and packaging for their eyeshadows, which I have not tested yet. But I fully endorse their older eyeshadow singles - they have an amazing quality and payoff, making it far superior to MAC eyeshadows in my honest opinion.

 

They swatch beautifully - lots of pigmentation, satiny finish, and a range of different finishes (iridescent, matte, metallic, pearl and glitters). I prefer the metallic finishes, indicated by the words ME labelled on the back of the pan. I have discussed ME Yellow 300 before and think it's beautiful when paired with neutrals or browns. I wouldn't have picked this out on my own as yellows tend to look quite garish on me. This suggestion by a Japanese makeup artist back in 2007 convinced me otherwise that this shade is WORTH IT! I'm not sure if Shu Uemura still sells this shade, however they have one online called 'ME Soft Yellow 336 with 24 caret gold'.  



Here, I have concentrated ME Yellow 300 on the centre of my lids, blending in IR purple 795 towards the outer lashline, and smoothing out the harsh lines with ME Beige 800. Using the same IR purple 795, I lined the lower lashline, giving my eyes a nice contrasting pop of colour!


On my cheeks I have Benefit Dallas Bronzer - which adds just a bit of shimmer and contour to my face. I want to avoid bright cheeks here - it'll only make me look ridiculously 'colorful'. I finally finished off with Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited PK 316, a glossy girly bright pink.




~*Base Makeup*~

  • Laura Mercier oil free primer
  • IPSA Pure Protect Foundation 103
  • Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder Peche Clair
  • Benefit Dallas Bronzer
~*Color Makeup*~
  • Lips: Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited PK 316
  • Eyeshadow: Shu Uemura single eyeshadows in ME Yellow 300, ME Beige 800, IR Purple 795.
  • Eyeliner: MUFE Aqua Eyeliner
  • Mascara: Lancome Hypnose
  • Brows: Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil Seal Brown 02
I hope your Monday has been a good start to the week! My to-dos are piling up fast!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...