February 9, 2012

Paul & Joe Eye & Lip Makeup Remover

Paul & Joe is a brand that I have always been impressed with - their packaging and quality of their products make it a stellar brand. Considering the strong patronage I have given Paul & Joe over the years while I lived in Singapore, it is no wonder they gifted me a full size  Paul & Joe Eye&Lip Makeup Remover. At first, I didn't like it at all because I do not find it as effective as my Holy Grail Lancome Bi-Facil, so naturally I left it to gather dust. 

Until recently. So lets have a look... 




The Paul & Joe Eye&Lip Makeup Remover has a consistency like a serum and appears quite viscous. There is no oily residue, unlike Lancome Bi-Facil or any other dual-phase makeup remover. It also serves as a light moisturiser to the skin around your eyes, and does not create any burning or stinging sensation when accidental contact is made. So in that regard, I think it's a nice product for very sensitive eyes.


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polisobutene, Arginine, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Water, Lilium Candidium Bulb Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Europaea Flower Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Edta, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Methylparaben.



However, I wouldn't consider it to be the most effective for waterproof makeup. There are days when I am using an average of 4 cotton pads to get the darn mascara off. And there are more straightforward days (like today) where 2-3 swipes pretty much captures most of the mascara. In terms of effectiveness, Lancome > Paul & Joe > MAC > Sephora (rubbish really) would be my personal ranking.

Will I repurchase? Nah... Lancome Bi-Facil still rocks my world! 

1 comment:

Janet said...

haha! I can totally relate interms of removing mascara..it is just so damn hard to remove those..I would definitely give Lancome a try..=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...