February 11, 2012

A Look with YSL Pure Chromatics #5

It's officially time to break into the YSL Pure Chromatics Eyeshadow Quad which I had posted about earlier this week

What is noticeably different about the YSL Chromatic Eyes is its ability to use wet or dry and the applicators that come with the palette allow you to work both ways. One of the applicators looks like a mini plastic spatula which supposedly helps you to 'scoop and mould' the pigment, which I must say is the strangest thing to do. After much deliberation and one failed attempt to use the powders wet, I gave up and went ahead with a dry look instead. 


They have a texture that's unlike pressed powders, which is explained in their manufacturing process, being 'poured into the palette' rather than pressed. The result is 4 gorgeous shimmery metallic swatches - a shimmery pink, opalescent white, taupe, and gunmetal grey. 


Dry and wet swatches compared side by side shows only the slightest difference. For example, the taupe shade appears more chromatic when wet. The best shade of the whole palette has got to be the pink, and in fact I am quite pleased with the combination of colours. 


Another thing is that there's sparkles which fall out and they land on my cheek or upper lip. Hmm...



Is the YSL Pure Chromatics stashworthy? Not really. 1) it's not so straightforward to use when wet and, 2) there's a total of 5gs in this palette making this the most expensive palette I have in my collection. There's pretty colours but you can easily find alternatives in your stash that would create the same look. I'm glad I only purchased one. 

YSL Rouge Pur in 148 Tea Rose is an oldie of mine - Its a nude with a rose tint, surpassing MAC Viva Glam II in wearability! The only complaint I have about YSL Rouge Pur are that it is unbearably drying on my lips. I have a bad case of dry lips at the moment, and even the Shu Uemura lipsticks that are otherwise moist during the summertime, now appears flakey on mine! So you can imagine what the YSL Rouge Purs would look on my lips after a minute - you guessed it right... Flake City!! 




I used a combination of YSL products from YSL to create this look today - i.e. Flash Radiance Skincare Primer (which I still love) and the YSL Cream Blush in 02.   



Point Makeup
  • Lips: YSL Rouge Pur Tea Rose 148
  • Eyes: YSL 4 Wet & Dry Eyeshadows 05, MUFE Aqua Eyeliner, Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara, Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner Caviar Ink. 
Face makeup
  • Primer: Flash Radiance Skincare Brush
  • Foundation: IPSA Pure Protect Foundation 103
  • Powder: Paul & Joe Finishing Powder 001
  • Bronzer: Soleil Tan de Chanel
  • Blush: YSL Cream Blush 02
I hope you're having a wonderful Saturday!

1 comment:

Red lips, Black hair said...

WHOA, you're extremely pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...