February 5, 2012

Blush Horizon de Chanel is to die for!

I'm definitely very late in the myriad of Spring '12 collections that have been constantly streaming in since December. Chanel, Dior, Guerlain has only started coming out in stores here in Denmark, significantly later than most countries. Chanel Singapore had already started selling the Spring '12 collection from late December. 

I picked up the Blush Horizon de Chanel, induced by my dear friend Ivy from Singapore. This is probably the first time in my life that I bought this product even without realising the price tag. Only much later, I realised at hindsight that I was significantly brainwashed to have paid $100 for yet ANOTHER blush to my stash of overflowing blushes.


Well, it was worth it I think. 

Yet again, this is another blog post discussing the very Blush Horizon de Chanel. My opinion, like others, would be that this is the masterpiece of the Spring '12 collection. If you're setting yourself a makeup budget that only allows you to buy 1-2 pieces of makeup from any Spring collection this year - I consider this one of them, and Cruel Gardenia highlighter from Guerlain. 

Powders are incredibly finely milled, but not too soft like the Guerlain blushes. It also comes with a lovely soft brush, encased in a separate pouch, which I am always impressed with. 


The colors towards the top tends to be brighter and pinkier, and transitioning towards a more softer coral pink towards the bottom. The stripes are too small to be used individually, but I would say that there's two ways of using the product. A brighter pink on the upper half of the pan, and a softer light pink on the bottom half. 


I am convinced that this blush is going to be used fairly often. It swatches beautifully on my arm, and it looks even better on my cheek. The slight shimmer doesn't get in the way, to make you look like ms. Oompa Loompa of the Spring. In fact, it  adds that delicate touch of extra luminosity that I am so loving this season. 



What is simply amazing about this blush is the glow it gives to your cheeks. There's no chunky glitter, there's no overloaded shimmer, it doesn't accentuate the pores or the lines, nor does it oxidise. It's exquisite. It's love. 



I was discussing Rouge Bunny Rouge Highlighting Liquid in Sea of Tranquility in my last post. Here, I mixed RBR's Highlighting Liquid with my IPSA Pure Protect Foundation Creme, which I find quite flat when used alone. The effect? Oh my god, to die for luminosity!!!!! I think I must revert my opinion on the RBR Highlighting Liquid in Sea of Tranquility, which I previously thought it could be duped by Benefit's High Beam. Wrong! The magic of RBR works when when mixed with your foundation. Stamp, sealed and approved by moi! :-)



Ok, back to the subject - Blush Horizon de Chanel is perfectly paired with the lipstick Chanel Rouge Allure in Joyeuse 87 and lipgloss Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Insolence 57. It's remarkable how close the three of them are in shade. 





For the rest of my face, I used some lovely staples from Chanel, Laura Mercier, etc etc. 




I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday. I spent my weekend gulfing down chapters of Stieg Larsson's Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. It's a great book! It's been one of these months where fiction books is making yet another appearance to my life, along with blogging. If you haven't already watched the movie, I suggest you read the novel first. 

Toodles!

5 comments:

wickeRmoss said...

so pretty tracy!xox

wickermoss.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...

Horizon looks gorgeous on you!

Miss Delirium said...

that looks beautiful! i really want it myself :) looks great on you!

Miaka said...

Can't believe I skipped this blusher. Lol. But lovely posting there.

Tracy said...

@wickeRmoss, @Jacqueline, @Miss Delirium - Thank you!

@Miaka: Is it already out of stock in stores? How are you? It's been a long while.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...