January 30, 2012

Highlighting with BB Shimmerbrick in Beige

Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks are collectible-worthy, wouldn't you agree? Each 'brick' is graduated with 5 different tones of shimmer, giving you the versatility to adjust the tone of your highlight/blush. This is the case for my beloved Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Beige. Beige, is not limited edition (luckily) and is described to be a nude-toned highlighter, accentuating the skin's candlelit glow. This is probably my first Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick purchased back in 2006 (omg!), and since then, I couldn't help but build a substantial collection. 


I have used Beige as eyeshadows before and it gives my lids a simple wash of illuminance. The swatches for the top lightest shade is more of a golden hue, which brings a glow to the skin, rather than a whitish sparkly cast that some highlighters tend to do. 


Pictures don't do justice when it comes to highlighters. It's almost impossible to catch the right angle and light with the camera. 

Below, I have applied Beige on the tops of my cheeks.



I discovered the beautiful packaging of MAC's Hipness Blush (Frost), which is probably a summertime shade. I do like the contrast that the blush gives to my cheek. 


As an eyeshadow base, I took out Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in RSVP. Holy - this shade is beautiful. I will need to do a separate blog post for this. 

I also brought out my Stila All Doll'd Up Eyeshadow Palette to play. I just love that there's 12 different multicoloured shades to work with in a pan that is easy to carry around. I used the last circle with the beige, brown and mid-tone green, just layering it on top of another to create some form of gradation.

Then there's the other usual suspects, like Lancome's Hypnose mascara, Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, MUFE Aqua Liner, and the little treasure of MAC Splashing Lipglass.   


I hope you're having a good Monday. It's freezing outside and I hate it. I want spring to come by already!

2 comments:

archi said...

I love shimmerbricks!I have shimmerbrick in rose and I agree they are collectible-worthy.The only thing is if you have large pores, avoid applying product on that area, that's it. :)
Thanks for posting!

Tracy said...

@archi: Thanks for your comment! Saw your posting on the new BB collection and Rose looks snagworthy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...