January 28, 2012

Category features: Cream Eyeshadows

I'm going to post a category feature every week, to assemble the collection of assorted products in each category; such as cream eyeshadows (this very post!), powdered eyeshadows, cream blushers, powdered blushers, eyeliners, etc etc. I think it's fun to bring them all together so that there's a nice comparison made with each product type. 

So lets begin!


Today I assembled all my cream eyeshadows, as part of my organisational effort, and loved playing with the textures of each brand and comparing the effects. I would love to be more detailed in my pictures but today is another typical grey day and no matter what, my white balance miserably brings the whole prettiness to dull dull dull. 


I picked up 2 more Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows during the Benefit 20% sale last year, Birthday suit (a neutral barely there shade) and RSVP (a sparkling champagne shade), are my newest additions. The texture and shimmery finish of Benefit's cream eyeshadows are by far my favourite. They're creamy and have a lovely sheen, making it a perfect base for shadows on top. 


Jill Sturt's Jelly Eyes are really fun little products. They are packaged in a gorgeous princessy button cap, adding a lovely touch to your dresser. And, they have a texture like jelly gummy bears with alot of bounce. They're more watery generally, but they have a glittery finish. Probably less suitable for the office but it's great for the Japanese kawaii look!


Illamasqua's Cream Pigments are less creamy. Instead, they are harder to the touch, and dries to a semi-matte finish. I reach for them less because they're harder to blend, and often, I would have to use some more powdered eyeshadows on top to balance the pigmentation that it gives. When I have less time in the mornings, I just can't be bothered with additional steps. 

There are a few odd cousins in my stash - MAC paint pot, Shiseido Hydro Powder Eyeshadow and a MUFE aqua cream. Lets talk about them too...

MAC paintpots are not my favourite. I don't know what it is but I never got into them, and clearly the soft ochre paintpot doesn't serve as a very good base when your skin is verging towards dry. I don't like it when my eyelids look flakey as well. So, I don't really like them.

As for Shiseido Hydro Powder Eyeshadows, they're nice. I picked up a shimmery pink shade, which is not the most pigmented, but I picked it up just to give my cheeks a little bit of sparkle. They have released new formulas, and their packaging is flatter in design. They're really lovely but I never got around to buying it. 

And finally, the MUFE aqua creams are nice too. I never got around to picking more shades but I would if I had the chance. They're creamy, nicely pigmented and are water resistant. 


There's alot of other cream products out there... like the Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyes, Chanel illusion d'ombres, etc etc. And, I probably would have them in my collection by now if I lived near a department store. Actually, I do.. but I still have not felt the urge to expand the already extensive collection that I have! 

I hope you enjoyed my first category features. I'm sure to do more in the coming few weeks!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I have not tried the Benefit cream eye shadows yet, which do you think would be a good shade to try first? Unfortunately, I eventually had problems with my MUFE Aqua Creams, they became dry and hard to work with. Thanks for the post!

Tracy said...

Hi Jacqueline! A pity on the MUFE aqua creams. I don't have any issues with mine so far but it's almost impossible to finish the jar. In fact, I really do love most of the Benefits' Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows. Sambady Loves Me is a nice deep champagne shade and Stiletto is beautiful gunmetal for a soft smokey eye.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...