September 4, 2011

OPI Touring America Collection - swatches & thoughts



If you have been following my posts, you'll know that I hauled a few nailpolishes from OPI's recent collection - Touring America. I am thoroughly in love with fall shades, and OPI did a great job this time to recreate some unique colours to complement the new season. Now that we're officially in Autumn and if you're a fan of classic dark shades, you're going to love some of OPI's new offerings.


From left to right; Get in the Espresso Lane, Color to Diner For and Uh-oh Roll Down the Window.

I came across Get in the Espresso Lane when I was doing my manicure & pedicure at Far East Plaza, Singapore. I didn't know what to expect honestly. It looks like a black, but not a true black as it reveals a deep chocolate undertone against a true black background. In fact, it is softer than a true black, and does not look too harsh with my skintone. And true enough, it appeared very nicely on my toenails. I find that it is not as unique to wear on the fingers, but it's definitely a winner for the toes! 


Color to Diner For is lovely sorbet-like shimmery deep red. It is instant love for me from the bottle itself and I can see myself wearing this shade all year round. 


Uh-oh Roll Down the Window is a mossy camoflagey cremey green colour which looks weird on initially but after two coats with a top coat, this colour has got me swooning. It's a classy fall colour, not too vampy and nice enough to wear to work. The formula dries quickly and it applies very easily without creating too much of a mess. 


Even though I only have 3 shades out of this collection, you're going to find something that you'll love. There's some vampy shades, neutral dark shades, reds, browns, greys... you name it. 




I hope you have a lovely Sunday. Mine is going beautifully so far! A little bit of nailpolish shopping here and there. Do you know of any OPI nailpolishes I can buy online? It seems a little difficult to purchase them now and I can't justify paying 18 pounds for each in retail! 

3 comments:

Fannie said...

OPI costs you 18 pounds!? Retail here in Canada is about $ 11 including taxes here in our province. I thought transdesign.com used to sell OPI but I could be mistaken because the brand doesn't seem available any more. Sorry don't know of any other sites and if the shipping wasn't so horrid here I would buy and ship it to you from here. Let me know what you want it will probably still be cheaper now that I think about it. 18 pounds?! Not a typo? =]

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I love these finishes! :)

BV said...

Hi Tracy

I live in Australia and I am something of a nail head. I know a good US seller I can recommend. They carry OPI, Essie and Zoya. Please email me if you wish to find out about beautyverdict at gmail dot com.

Cheers
BV

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...