September 12, 2011

Nice swatches but not so great on the eyes...

I was happily swatching the latest Dior Blue Tie Collection at Copenhagen duty free, and I was ooo-ing and aahh-ing at how sexy the deep navy blue shades were. And later I started swatching Dior Petal Shine and was wondered why these shades looked so familiar. Well, funnily enough this is the reaction you get when you have too much makeup, and have completely forgetten that you even have that product sitting at home.


So I walked out of duty free, and stood tall and proud, for not succumbing into my spending temptations. I went straight home to my makeup stash and started swatching like crazy, just so I could get rid of those persistent and lingering thoughts of Dior. Some moments I am remotely interested in makeup, and theres also days where I can't stop melting my credit card.
Tragic.
So swatch swatch swatch I did...


The deeper shades (which honestly is not that deep or intense) are probably my favourite of the palette. Thoughts that run through my head when swatching were 'non-offensive' 'subtle' 'pretty'.

BUT, it's one of those palettes where I just get bored of too easily. And I completely forget about the colours, so I never reach for it unless I have rare days like that I crave everything from Dior. On the lids, there's hardly any colour differentiation and must I say... it looks really BORING.


Or maybe I'm having one of those sh*t days that no pictures are coming out the quality that I would like. Maybe it's Petal Shine itself that just has a quality that is hard to capture on pictures. Nevertheless, I am just plain unsatisfied.



On the other hand...

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss Imaginere is totally up my alley lately. It glides on my lips like a moisturising lipbalm, smells sensational, stays on for a good 2 hours, and comes in a sleek black tube. The colour imaginere is a medium blue-toned pink.

The products used for today's look.

I hope you're having a good Monday so far.

7 comments:

PBunnieP said...

I feel that most DIOR palettes (Quints) look STUNNING in the pan but unless you choose one with a dramatic colour variation, the shimmery finish makes the colours look very similar when applied. I don't own one yet (only have a duo, matte and shimmery duo) but I'm hoping to snag one soon!

Fannie said...

It's not boring per say but I can see where you would gravitate toward other products and colors. Especially because the whole palette consists of the same like colors and texture. Not too much to work with.

Jacqueline said...

I have the same feeling about my Dior quints too. I haven't been reaching for them. I love the lip gloss, very pretty on your lips!

Makeup Magpie said...

I'm also guilty of not using this quint...your post reminds me I ought to pull it out and give it some use!! That lip color is beautiful on you :)

Tracy said...

@PBunnieP: Yes, I agree - stunning in the pan is the right words!

@Fannie: I guess it's not all that boring, since I am still keeping this in my stash. I have to work hard to remember what I own and not own. :-)

@Jacqueline: Thanks!

@Makeup Magpie: Time to replay with old makeup. It can be quite fun rediscovering old products!

petrina said...

Love this look! I'm not fond of the formula of Dior quints and shade mix but this looks lovely on you! Your pretty lip colour is reminding me to use my Rose Confidentielle :)

roxanne said...

Loving the gloss on you babe.


xoxo,
Roxanne
http://www.lacedivory.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...