August 28, 2011

My Recent Purchases from Singapore


My recent travel to Singapore allowed me to restock my usual skincare. I never buy anything from beauty-related in Copenhagen, which has helped to curb lemmings on expanding my already exploded makeup collection. I succumb to temptations alot more easily in Asia. Things are generally cheaper and there's a huge selection to choose from. For example, Chanel nailpolishes at Changi airport would cost $26, whilst in Denmark it will cost $40!

I always get my skincare from Changi Airport Duty Free - it's a shopping paradise for cheaper skincare, fragrance and cosmetic products. They even carry Serge Lutens and Annick Goutal! It is heaven, truly.

The Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme 50g (S$71) and the supersize Estee Lauder Hydrationist Moisture Barrier Fortifier 100mL (S$166) will serve it's purpose during the dry winter months.


Diorsnow skincare line can't be found in Europe, so I decided to repurchase the Dior White Reveal Gentle Purifying Foam 110mL (S$43.40) and Dior White Reveal Lotion Riche 200mL (S$61.50). I've used both products before and they made me skintone even and luminescent.


No trip is complete without a visit to the Paul & Joe counter. My favourite SA, Bee Lian, still works at Takashimaya and she mentioned of this 50% promotion. I was like 'eek!'... and I only ended up with 2 products. I was too sensible! I should have bought alot more because these eyeglosses are simply exquisitely gorgeous! Here are Paul & Joe's Eye Gloss Duos in colours 05 (top) and 003 (bottom).



A friend of mine recommended me to try Talika Lipocils Expert, which supposedly claims to grow your lashes in 28 days. Since I had done an eyelash perm at Poly Beauty at Vivocity ($48 for each session), I thought that anything hydrating for the lashes will be quite beneficial. I highly recommend Poly Beauty. The result of my eyelash perm is beautiful. I'm in love with the look, and makes me look wide awake.

I've been using Talika Lipocils Expert for about a week now, so I will have a verdict on it in due time. Talika is present in Metro and Sephora. I decided to buy the travel pack that is available in Changi Airport, which costs S$120, instead of S$160 (I believe). Lipocils Expert contains a sponge tip that allows you to spread the product more evenly on the root of the lashes.


And finally, Crabtree & Evelyn's Home Fragrance Reed Diffuser in Iris (S$88). I love this scent and the diffusers add a lovely touch of decoration to my otherwise boring living room. I realise that purchasing them from lookfantastic.com (GBP 24) is alot cheaper than buying it in-store. They offer free shipping and carry a huge range of products from Urban Decay, Kerastase, etc. A site that is worth checking out.


I hope you enjoyed my haul. But I'm tempted to buy some things from Adam Beauty, Bobodave, etc... just feel like I need to splurge on something and it sucks that there's hardly any choices here in Denmark. Anyway, thanks for looking and have a lovely Sunday!

5 comments:

CAMILLA said...

great haul..
i love all the things u bought..

Vonvon said...

Great haul!

When I came back to Malaysia, I also can't help but haul quite a bit, though I am supposed to Be on Project 10 Pan. It's not that makeup is expensive in the UK, but for some brands, it's slightly cheaper in Malaysia. And Japanese brands are not easily available in smaller towns.

The Estee Lauder Hydrationist Fortifier would be great for the drier months ahead. I had used it in Malaysia but didn't notice any difference. But in the UK, and I took it for a stint to Las Vegas, it worked wonders in keeping my skin moisturized and hydrated.

Lilladylife said...

the estee lauder moisture cream is my favorite in the winter! great haul! esp the PJ stuff!

Jacqueline said...

Hey Tracy welcome back to Singapore! We are truly blessed to have so many beauty choices. The PJ eye glosses are gorgeous, eye looks please!

Tracy said...

@Camilla: Thank you! Reviews coming up soon!

@Vonvon: I'm looking forward to breaking into my EL Hydrationist. I realise that Project 10 pan just only makes me spend more money. lol! I'm so tempted to haul a bit from adambeauty. I miss having a Lunasol counter near me.

@Lilladylife: I wish i bought more P&J!!!!

@Jacqueline: Singapore was great! I realise now how much asia makes me spend on makeup, because here in Denmark... I get no cravings at all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...