August 27, 2011

Mandarin Love by Chanel Rouge Allure Laques


I can't believe I have never mentioned Chanel Rouge Laques, particularly this one in Mandarin. The less popular cousin of Chanel Dragon still shouldn't be missed. I would wear this when I want to look sophisticated and romantic at the same time. It's not starking as a red lip, yet it adds warmth to your look.


Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Mandarin has a warm undertone, with a formula that is creamy and glides on your lips. Rouge Allure Laques are somewhere in between a lipstick and a lipgloss, and actually, works really good with anyone suffering from dry lips.



Today's look is pretty basic. I used Anna Sui's Protective Foundation Primer C which gives you a face lift from the pearlescent illuminating effects. Using Paul & Joe's Protective Fluid Foundation as a light veil for additional coverage, and topped off with Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder in 25 Peche Clair. Because the primer and foundation made me look one shade lighter than I normally am, I added some bronzer to give me a healthy glow, with a touch (not much) of Shu Uemura blushes in M Peach 43. Shu Uemura blushes are fabulous, especially the matte ones. They give this beautiful skin quality, like you have a colour that's coming from within the skin.

For my eyes, I decided to give Beaute de Kose Eye Fantasis in Sparkle Shine Brown, that is quite warm toned in color with lots of glitter infused. It's an oldie of mine, but still works nicely. I added Shu Uemura's Drawing Pencil in M Blue which is a navy blue eyeliner that doesn't look as harsh as traditional black eyeliners. It's quite nice, but it tends to smudge after a few hours (typically). Again, MAC's Phloof! eyeshadow to blend out harsh lines is a staple of mine. The fun part is applying Lancome's Hypnose drama on my permed eyelashes. It instantly volumizes and lengthens. It made a whole lot of difference in making me a Japanese doll, I think.





I hope you're having a beautiful Saturday. Mine has been a great week so far! Apart from falling sick, feeling feverish and suffering a bad throat. My significant other surprised me with flowers and we both made dinner together. It's nothing major, but to me it was very sweet. :-)

2 comments:

Ra, UK said...

I like the nail colour in these pictures. What is it? Thank you :)

Tracy said...

Hi! That would be OPI Color to Diner For. It's one of my favorites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...